Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
107 user(s) are online (53 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 107

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Ringhio vs MUI bug
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
After the Ringhio notification box disappears off a MUI screen, it leaves a rectangular shadow where it had been.

Valiant@Camelot
AmigaOne XE, 800Mhz, 1GB, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1u7
Sam440ep, 666Mhz, 512Mb, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1u6
A1-X1000, 1.8Ghz, 1GB, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1x
A1-X5000/40 2.2Ghz, 2GB, Radeon HD 7700, OS4.1 FE ud 2
Go to top
Re: Ringhio vs MUI bug
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
This must be a Ringhio issue, because all other windows on a MUI public screen restore the background correctly after moving/closing. I cannot tell what Ringhio is doing in this case, but the MUI public screen has a backfill hook to restore the intended background which gets called as soon as some portions of the screen become visible again. Complain at A-EON about this bug.

Why stop it now, just when I am hating it?

Thore Böckelmann
Go to top
Re: Ringhio vs MUI bug
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@tboeckel

THis kind of thing occurs on public sreen, with compositing effects turned off, when the palette is updated after the screen is opened, and the backfill hook is clearing using the background pen. (which the default does).

Iy used to happen with AWeb until I fixed the way the paletter was loaded. Though I can't remeber exactly what I fixed. I'm sure it happened with YAM once too, but can't reproduce it now.

I'm not saying it's a MUI bug as such, but it is a problem with the program that opened the screen not the visitor window.

It's a side effect of using 256 color palettes on true colours screens.

I had to jump through several complex hoops to get that working properly in PPaint IIRC.

Go to top

Register To Post