Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
54 user(s) are online (32 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 54

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

High-def video playback in AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I have installed Final Edition on my X1000, and I am anxious to try the new video playback capabilities. Is there a mplayer available that will handle some 1080 playback? Latest I have is from last May.

Go to top
Re: High-def video playback in AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I believe the Radiance package via AmiStore is what you need. However, it's still TBA.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@mbrantley
You have to wait for the new MPlayer in Amistore.
Note:
720HD videos works well, 1080HD some are working some not.

Amiga600/Vampire2/PrismaMegaMix​/32GB CF Card/2x Rys Mk2/A604n/IndivisionECS/Gotek
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@mbrantley

Beta tester have tested Mplayer for me for a while, Mplayer is GPL and won't be sold in AmiStore it might be free to download there but software can't be sold due to its license.

I have been busy this Xmas, and OS4.1FE has come out late, I have not been able to test MPlayer with AmigaOS4.1 Final, what I have is AmigaOS4.1 with some extras and my system is not stable. I like to test it myself before uploading it to OS4Depot.net.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@djrikki

"Radiance package"
I'm not sure the GPL licenses allows that or not, if the Radiance package is going to be sold, at least it has to be freely available elsewhere, buying the Radiance package won't sponsor the development of mplayer.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@LiveForIt

GPL is not a non-commercial license. You are allowed to distribute GPL software either gratis (i.e. for free) or for a fee of your own choosing.

Note that as you can't take any of these rights away from any of your customers it means that they in turn are also allowed to distribute the software either gratis or for a fee of their choosing so it might not always make sense but it doesn't mean that it's not allowed.

The general way to get around the redistribution problem is by providing additional benefits to paying customers for example in way of customer support.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@LiveForIt

When time permits, please upload a more recent mencoder as well, and make sure it encodes files OK when using libavformat+mp2 audio together. I did my own port but it couldn't mux properly and the resulting files were unplayable. I don't think my port supported large files either (not sure what the limit is without it).

If I didn't use libavformat, or used a different audio codec, it was OK. You could also chat to ktadd about it. He sent me some command line examples to test it with.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@LiveForIt

OK, thanks. Anxious to see what it can do.... specifically in conjunction with using VideoClipper to make videos. Once the arexx port was added I was in business and I was rather enjoying all the public beta testing happening before the whole project went behind closed doors because of the new dependencies on OS components not out for us commoners until now. Now I've got those things (Final Edition and latest RadeonHD driver).

For watching videos, my assumption is this will still have some trouble with many or most 1080p H.264 encoded videos, especially at 30fps but maybe at 24fps too. But for manipulating 1080p video that I originate here, I could probably get acceptable playback using an easier codec such as mjpeg or something else.

Anyway, will put it through the paces whenever it is available to me. Thanks for all your work.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@salass00

Quote:
GPL is not a non-commercial license.

Your right but as long as source code has to be freely available elsewhere, I do not see how you can charge any money for it, and it is not possible to prevent people to make their own versions.

There for if anyone ones to pay for what I worked on they have my PayPal at my blog.

http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2010/ ... rce-and-similar-licenses/
Quote:
The general way to get around the redistribution problem is by providing additional benefits to paying customers for example in way of customer support.

Some people are willing to make donations based on support some are not; charging for support is not so easy.

I was thinking "buntysource" might good choice, where people make donations on new features they like to get; if there is something I above my skill then I am not played for it, someone who do know can take that bounty instead.

Alternatively, by making plugins so users only pay for extra features.

For now, I am fine with donations.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@mbrantley

Quote:
OK, thanks. Anxious to see what it can do.... specifically in conjunction with using VideoClipper to make videos. Once the arexx port was added I was in business and I was rather enjoying all the public beta testing happening before the whole project went behind closed doors because of the new dependencies on OS components not out for us commoners until now.

Back then, I was out of work, and head lots of time on my head, now things are different. Yes I did not like taking the project behind closed doors, but that’s was the only way I was going to be able to work on implementing support for new video drivers from Hans.

Right now, most people don't have AmigaOS4.1 Final yet, due to shipment.
Quote:
For watching videos, my assumption is this will still have some trouble with many or most 1080p H.264 encoded videos, especially at 30fps but maybe at 24fps too. But for manipulating 1080p video that I originate here, I could probably get acceptable playback using an easier codec such as mjpeg or something else.

There is some videos from AmiWest you can look at that shows you X1000 playing 1080p videos, yes most 1080p videos won't be playable, but you will get drop in CPU usage that will make your OS a lot more responsive while you're playing videos.

Hans trying to get feanor to optimize the video decoders (FFMPEG) of mplayer more might help, a with a few % as well.

https://www.bountysource.com/teams/amigaos41/fundraiser

But what is really going to make a big difference is SMP support or GPU aided decoding VDPAU / UVD, if we ever get this things.

Sure implementation of composition video is milestone, in addition to direct video support in mplayer.

There are few interesting video decoder chips on the marked:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BCM70015-BC ... -Card-1080P-/230919823198
http://www.broadcom.com/support/crystal_hd/

However, we need driver support, I have not really looked into this, but it is an interesting option. I think it might require VDPAU / UVD, if not it might be nice alternative.

(I don't think BCM70015-BCM970015 is supported by mplayer at all, so most like need a lot of work.)

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
To be frank and short, I don't care about all that bollocks I just went by the description in AmiStore which says it includes new versions of DVPlayer and Mplayer

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@mbrantley

You now download and test it out.

http://os4depot.net/index.php?functio ... lay/liveforit-mplayer.lha

I'm having some issues with my AmigaONE-X1000, I think my PSU is failing. I have disconnected my test hd with my 720p/1080p test videos.

I'm hopeful that MPlayer works ok.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@djrikki

Fine, but I never promised anything like that to the public.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Thanks! I am off to work a Saturday evening shift shortly, but I will be back to Amiga afterward.

Go to top

Register To Post