Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
104 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 104

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Timberwolf bookmarks now working for me
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
It always used to be hit and miss whether they would even show up in the Timberwolf menu, let alone do anything. But I can reproduce it regularly now. . .

If I run MUI-OWB (Odyssey) first and then close it, running Timeberwolf afterward will result in all my bookmarks (imported from PC Firefox) to show up and work.

Anybody know what would cause this seeming coincidence?

Paul

Builder of Frankenthousand The monster A1000
The Young Frankenthousand A1-XE G4
X5000
Go to top
Re: Timberwolf bookmarks now working for me
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Paul

TWolf (latest version which I had hopes to run) Hard looks my peg2. I cant believe the crap state of this port. How the bounty was released is beyond my understanding. The latest port of Odyssey for os4 blows it away and that was done for free! (so thats 2 bounties for bad os4 browsers.. reaction owb and twolf)

Will we ever have a decently working Timberwolf? I'm dying to use the "technologies"

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@magnetic

Well, the crap port of firefox runs well on my x1000. I do get the dsi on exit. But working quite well when running.
On my AmigaOne 500 it works even better. No crash on exit either. Bookmarks are working on both.

X5000
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Antique

I wish I could say the same. I have no doubt that TW CAN work, but I seem to be the limiting factor.

Would you have any time to chat on IRC one day and hold my hand through a TW clean up and set up session?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Antique

Well thats good news for you but more than 60% of the user base cant use it. Like I said, I cant even launch the thing it hard crashes my box (which is stupid and dangerous with amiga filesystems) whats really silly is that early betas worked fin on my peg2.

Having said all this its pointless to try to use TWolf when Muiodysesey is way better.

All those thousands of $$ could have been spent on better developments for os4 I feel.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@magnetic
We have waited this long for a usable Firefox port for OS4 I have not given up get, my I don't expect to see Timberwolf finished any time soon either.

OS4 and development and related software seems to take a long time sometimes with not a lot of visible progress, then there will be a period for a few updates and a lot of progress then things slow back down again. So I expect the port will get there in the end and be a good alternative to Odyssey and our other browsers for stubborn sites that we just can access other wise.

Last I tried Timberwolf was also in an unusable state on my sam440ep as well.

Sam440ep 667mhz 512megs OS4.1 + Minimig, 4MB RAM, ARM add-on board
WinUae 2.3.2, OS 3.9, BB2, Catweasel MkIV
Amiga 1200, BlizzardPPC 060/200 with SCSI, mediatorSX, Voodoo3, pci lan
Go to top

Register To Post