Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
128 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 127

kishigo, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Amiga North Thames' (ANT's) meeting this Sunday
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
A quick reminder that the monthly Amiga North Thames meeting is this coming Sunday (12th January)!

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Re: Amiga North Thames' (ANT's) meeting this Sunday
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ChrisH

Thanks Chris. Can't make that one.

Now that Mikey has retired, are there any plans for a BIG ANT type meeting this year? Something like the Amiga Revival show?

PS still no pictures/reports from previous meetings...

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@ddni

We would consider another Amiga Revival show, but given the Apathy by the UK Amiga community at large, is there any point?

Mikey C

No cause is lost if there is but one fool left to fight for it.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Mikey_C

Apathy? I disagree. Perhaps you are projecting?
I would be happy to support organising/publicising any such gathering. Perhaps hold the event at a larger retro meeting like RE:play?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
The Amiga Revival show was very well attended far exceeding the number of people I thought would turn up.

Would people be interested in a Bring 'n' Buy type event? The Amibay forum is thriving with Amiga stuff still going for good money, but people often complain about shipping costs and sending old fragile kit in the post.

People are obviously always welcome to turn up to an ANT meeting. If you're working or holidaying in London, why not time it to coincide with the second Sunday?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Have to agree with slcroucher. I travelled over for the Revival in 2010 and it was a great day out. I have since visited ANT when working in London. They are a nice bunch, despite mikeyC's jokes.

A bring and buy event would be good fun!

AmigaOne X1000.
Radeon RX550

http://www.tinylife.org.uk/
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ddni
I have taken pictures at one or two meetings, but been too busy to even think about pestering Mike W to put them up on the website...

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ANT et al

You are all very welcome to attend the
Recursion Computer Fair in Stratford-upon-Avon on Sat 15 Feb. Lots of Amiga stuff: X1000, SAM460/440, MorphOS, AROS and AEROS will be presented/available to play with.

Plus lots of other retro and modern stuff.

Recursion Computer Fair

Happiness is mandatory
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ChrisH

It's a pity this information hasn't been posted on the website. It seems obvious that the pattern is the second Sunday of each month, though.

I hope to make it along to this meeting where I plan to show off my prototype next gen Amiga which I'm hard at work building from an old Mac G4 board, some rubber bands, some sticky backed plastic, and a salvaged PC tower case. I think the total cost of this lot was less than £10!

If this project fails, I'll just upgrade my A1200, though!

I think the problem with attendance at that Amiga show may have been that people hadn't got the hang of time travelling between 1947, 1987, and 2033, as listed on the website. There should be a good crowd for the 2033 show after planning and waiting for so long, though.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@AmigaBruno
Thanks for pointing out the meeting dates on the website have not been updated for 2014!

Regarding the strange news date years, they USED to be correct (it's only relatively recently they went wrong).

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ChrisH

Sorry I didn't make it to the meeting after all! What did I miss? Please give some details, instead of saying "Not much" or similar.

The years listed for the events have read 1947, 1987, and 2033 since the first time I saw them.

I have recently been doing some more artwork, as well as playing the games Colonization and Civilization, but it would be great to have another tournament of Sensible Golf. In the near future I hope to code at least a simple demo, based on some YouTube videos by Photon of Scoopex, modifiying some existing demo code, and going over the whole of a course written in Denmark. I've also downloaded a PDF book in German called "Spiele Programmierung in Assembler auf dem Amiga" by Jorgo Schmanski, which may not have been published in English, so that will probably help. Quick searches on Google, as well as Amazon don't list any books by him in English.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@AmigaBruno
We spent most of our time going through huge load of unwanted computer stuff (a lot of it Amiga stuff) ! Mikey C continued trying to get his Sam440 to work better (I helped a bit). Mike W fixed the meeting dates on the website. I messed about with E-UAE JIT. Other people were no doubt doing other stuff, but I'm not terribly observant (and my memory is a bit pants) so you'd better ask them...

BTW, when I said "recent" I basically meant sometime after the most recently recorded news item.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@yoodoo2

Quote:
You are all very welcome to attend the Recursion Computer Fair in Stratford-upon-Avon on Sat 15 Feb. Lots of Amiga stuff: X1000, SAM460/440, MorphOS, AROS and AEROS will be presented/available to play with.

Plus lots of other retro and modern stuff.
Sounds interesting!

In fact I've just convinced my wife that we need a getaway weekend trip to Stratford-upon-Avon a month from now .

BTW, you should probably submit a news item about this event, it drowns a bit down here in this thread. Or at least a separate thread.

So - who else is coming?

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ChrisH

It sounds great! I'm sorry I wasn't there. Of course it was mainly Amiga stuff, but why was it unwanted?

BTW, I managed to burn a "Live" version of Aeros onto DVD, but it may not be suitable for installation. The version which may be suitable wouldn't finish being burnt to DVD.

I think I might go to the Recursion Fair on 15-02-14. I hope I might be allowed to do some artwork, music, or even a demo while there.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
It's funny how some of you never made it to ant yet, i had my 5 yearly visit to it :P

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@AmigaBruno

Quote:
It sounds great! I'm sorry I wasn't there. Of course it was mainly Amiga stuff, but why was it unwanted?

I had an email from a former user north of Peterborough (He had contacted LINCS but they never replied) Anyhow he had put a lot of old amiga stuff in storage and he wanted it to go to a good home, amongst the 9 boxes were (some junk) but in addition, a CDTV with remote, quite a few games, boxed, lots of PD Software (quite a bit of fred fish) an A2000 286 board and something else for the A2000 - I forget. We kept the stuff we were interested in and chucked the rest away.

Mikey C

No cause is lost if there is but one fool left to fight for it.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Mikey_C

How dare you chuck Amiga stuff away, sacrilege, lol

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@1mouse
IIRC most of the chucked stuff was PC stuff (of which there was a lot).

Go to top

Register To Post