Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
104 user(s) are online (52 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 104

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

CodeBench - memory needs on 4.1FE UAE and other questions
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hello everybody,

I think about trying CodeBench on OS4.1FE UAE (did not buy it yet). As far as I know, UAE only supports 128MB of RAM. How much of this is free after starting the OS? How much memory does CB need? How much does it need for compiling typical Amiga-sized sources? Can bigger projects be dealt with this limited amount of RAM? Can SDKs for AROS, MOS be included? Is there support for LaTeX projects? What is the maximum resolution that OS4.1 on UAE supports? From what I know a Picasso IV is emulated, so 1600×1200×16 would be the max, right?

Go to top
Re: CodeBench - memory needs on 4.1FE UAE and other questions
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Quote:
I think about trying CodeBench on OS4.1FE UAE (did not buy it yet).

You can't buy Codebench upto v1.0 it's "public beta" and limited to C/C++ and Hollywood 4.

See http://codebench.co.uk/faq.html#faq

Simply download the current version and give it a try.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
As I said I did not buy OS4 yet, so I cannot try CB on my own. This is why I put my questions here.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Sprocki

I think memory will be tight for compiing via CodeBench with alarger projects on a WinUAE system, based on what I saw at AmiWest.

You can use a few tricks like assign T: to a harddisk directory etc to gain a little space.

MOS and AROS SDKs are not supporte directly, in principle if there was a cross compiler you could make your own dictionaries for those SDKs , not sure that there any such cross compiler though.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I have inspected it at a friend's system in the meanwhile and both the Fast RAM as well as the graphics RAM are the biggest obstacles that I found so far. Maybe Cloanto's engagement will change this one day. I wonder why Hyperion does not do this on their own.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Sprocki

Quote:
I wonder why Hyperion does not do this on their own.

Errr... They have done what they can, FE runs on WinUAE which is after all a 3rd party program. It's nothing to do with Hyperion or Cloanto That WinUAE is limited to 128mb of ram. WinUAE was never designed to emulate NG machines, the PPC enhancement lets you run OS3.x with 603e support where 128mb of ram is more than enough for nearly everything. and very, very few systems had more.

Way back when OS4.0 first came out the minimum requirement was 256Mb, 512 Recomended, now 10 years later and considering the amount OS4 has grown over the years you're incredibly lucky that it runs at all with only 128mb.

Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top

Register To Post