Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
88 user(s) are online (42 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 87

walkero, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Anonymous
Localization of software for ex-Yugoslavia
As far as I understand, there are no more ATO teams.

I like that WB 4.1 can be in Serbian/Bosnian/Croatian (haven`t checked Slovenian and Macedonian) but I am not much satisfied with some of translations, and some are not done at all. That is just WB, and apps are different story.

One by one would work for free for translating ANY existing OS4 software to Serbian, if some nice people from Croatia and Bosnia (or of any Yugoslav origin) join the cause, easily all those "translations" could be done, back and forth, them taking something else to translate.

Good localization impress people, even English is global today.

For paid AmigaOS 4 comaptibile software would do translations for license/ key etc.

Is there a CAT editor, or standardized way to do this?

Running joke I do while I play with big monolith box and boing ball toy, is that Hyperion and A-EON and Acube could not only join PowerPC consortium, but get some good deal for some hundreds boards for Croatian gouverment, since Boing Ball Check Boards trongky resembles Croatian national symbols, wrapped in ball

A 2000 kunas (300 euros) MiniCroatianAmiga with OS 4.2 and beyond, Libre and TW could be attractive thing, if properly localized or kiosked, like A1200 used to do in the end

Wolf, since there is no CommodoreOS to customize, are you interested? Anyone?

And yes, some flashbacks from local demo scene in Serbia, non Amiga related.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRCrMuZ_fEE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_Px5t8iZMU

For Amiga related stuff check who did Capital Punishment, Myst port, Chariot, APDF in OS 4.1 ... we used to have users in region ... even there were dark times. Aminet had a lot of localizations to Bosnian, Serian, Croatian ...

Now may peace reign

Go to top

Register To Post