Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
101 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 99

VooDoo, SinanSam460, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
Dosbox / Dungeon keeper
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I realised that GOG version of Dungon Keeper uses a Dosbox to run Keeper.

"C:\GOG Games\Dungeon Keeper\DOSBOX\DOSBox.exe" -conf "C:\GOG Games\Dungeon Keeper\dosboxDK.conf" -conf "C:\GOG Games\Dungeon Keeper\dosboxDK_single.conf" -noconsole -c exit

I managed to modify those work with my Sam 440ep Flex/AOS4.1 and dosbox. I find a problem, dosboxDK_single.conf uses a imgmount command with stub (50kb) version of Dungeon Keeper cd-rom and I can't get it work :( not even amiga imag mount software.

Note that I didn't very hard :D because I tried settlers 2 and noticed that is is barely playable. So dungeon Keeper wouldn't be even that much playable.

But question is, how many of GOG games uses a dosbox, and wich of them would be a playable?

Go to top
Re: Dosbox / Dungeon keeper
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Dungeon Keeper does work. It's a little slow, but playable. You can copy the CD to a directory and mount it under DOSBox. It's a good idea to run it using DOS/32A although I forget exactly why.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Yes I know that :) Or I can modify to keeper.ini to point specied directory inside of game directory, directory name must be Keeper. I just need to copy whole cd to inside of it. GOG version's problem is that ther is no CD, so I can't do that.

With dosbox is easy to do config files so that dosbox is "invisible".

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Give RunInDOSBox a try, as it is generally much simpler to get stuff working, and it automatically uses DOS/32A.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I have GOG version of Dungeon Keeper and RunInDOs. First of all i dont have a keeper.ini in my Dungeon Keeper drawer but i have a keeper.cfg. Second wich directory must be named Keeper?
If i open the keeper.cfg then i see that it points to Install path=d:\keeper\

When i start keeper it stops at a cd-rom icon with a ? Thats how far i get. Any help appreciated!

AmigaOne X5000
Radeon HD 7700
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Sorry you are right it is keeper.cfg

dosboxDK_single.conf has a imgmount command wich mounts cd image*. You can found name of that image there, file named so that you wouldn't ques what it is. I tried to mount it with amiga side, but it didn't work :(

*D:\keeper is directory on Dungeon Keeper cd-rom

Edited by utri007 on 2013/3/7 12:34:28
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I cant get it work either it asks for cd-rom.

AmigaOne X5000
Radeon HD 7700
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
This is my script, if it helps:

stack 500000
assign dkcd: "Games:Dungeon Keeper/cd" "Games:Dungeon Keeper/cd_levels"
assign dk: "Games:Dungeon Keeper"
Apps:Emulators/DosBox/
dosbox.os4 -c "mount c: dk:c" -c "mount d: dkcd:kddisk1" -c "c:" -c "cd keeper" -c "dos32a keeper" -c "exit"
assign dkcd:
assign dk:

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Chris, problem is unsolvable, because GOG version has a stub cd image, wich Amiga can't mount and there is no NOCD crack for dungeon keeper. It would require real cd image for original dungeon keeper, so that we could copy entire keeper folder, no gold version etc.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@utri007
What does the "stub cd image" do? I'm not clear why that is a problem for us but not DOSBox on Windows.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Stub disk image is fake CD-image, wich lies to Dungeon Keeper that game cd is in CD-ron drive.

It loads it here :
C:\GOG Games\Dungeon Keeper\dosboxDK_single.conf it mounts that fake cd as a D: drive, with imgmount command. Don't know isimagemount that part of GOG or dosbox? At least it doesn't work with amiga Dosbox.

Diskimage however can't mount that file as a cd

I can't be more precice, because I already deleted it from my AMiga harddrive.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I also tried minidungonkeeper.iso wich I found with google, it didn't work either.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
With *RunInDOSBox*, try the following in a Shell:
Quote:
RunInDOSBox "path/to/KEEPER.EXE" cdISO "path/to/stub.iso" CDletter "D" NoExit Window

Where path/to/KEEPER.EXE should be replaced by the path needed to get to the Dungeon Keeper executable called KEEPER.EXE .

Where path/to/stub.iso should be replaced by the path needed to get to the stub cd image mentioned by utri007 (he didn't say what the name of it was).

That ought to work, but as I don't have a copy I can't test it.

Notes:
CDletter "D" isn't actually necessary, since the default CD drive letter is D, but I added it incase there was a need to use a letter other than D. If it works using D, then you can get rid of that part.

NoExit prevents DosBox from quitting when the game finishes, so that you can see any error messages. If it works then you can get rid of that part.

Window makes DosBox run in a window (instead of full screen). If you prefer full screen then get rid of that part.

Currently you have to specify parameters like cdISO using the Shell (or a script), but the next release of RunInDOSBox will support using icon tooltypes instead, which I think is nicer to use...

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I was wrong, file that I thought to be CD image, is not a cd image.

I loads this way : imgmount d "..\game.inst" -t iso -fs iso those are inside of DosBox_single.conf

Windos loads 2 conf files from shortcut, another is prety much basic dosbox conf file.

It is actually text file, with this :

FILE "game.gog" BINARY
TRACK 01 MODE1/2352
INDEX 01 00:00:00
FILE "keeper02.ogg" MP3
TRACK 02 AUDIO
FILE "keeper03.ogg" MP3
TRACK 03 AUDIO
FILE "keeper04.ogg" MP3
TRACK 04 AUDIO
FILE "keeper05.ogg" MP3
TRACK 05 AUDIO
FILE "keeper06.ogg" MP3
TRACK 06 AUDIO
FILE "keeper07.ogg" MP3
TRACK 07 AUDIO

Is it so, that imgmount makes somekind of virtual iso file? WIth those files? If so it could be possible just copy them to folder named to keeper and mount it as a D:\keeper

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Assuming you read my previous post, try the following command instead:
Quote:
RunInDOSBox "path/to/KEEPER.EXE" cdISO "path/to/game.inst" CDletter "D" NoExit Window

It appears that "game.inst" is a Cue/Bin file, which at least the Windows version of DOSBox supports & treats just like ISOs. We'll soon see if the Amiga version supports it too...

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I test that as soon my wife goes to sleep :D

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@chrish
I tried your suggestion.
Resized Image

AmigaOne X5000
Radeon HD 7700
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
What you tried is already known to not working :)

Try what Chris suggestd, First line should have been

RunInDOSBox "games:test/DK/KEEPER.EXE" cdISO "games:test/DK/game.inst" CDletter "D" NoExit Window

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@utri007
I think that Joeled DID already try what you suggested, going by his screenshot, unless I misunderstood something.

Going by Joeled's screenshot, it appears that our DosBox does not support Cue/Bin files. Possible solutions:
1. We need a port of a newer version of DosBox, which presumably does support Cue/Bin files.
2. Alternatively, the Cue/Bin file needs converting to an ISO. It will sadly lack the music tracks on the game's CD.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@chrish
No you didnt misunderstand. The screenshot shows that i followed your suggestion. To bad i cant play it and see if its playable on sam460.

AmigaOne X5000
Radeon HD 7700
Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 »