Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
101 user(s) are online (64 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 101

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

AmiDARK Engine WIP 0.8 : TechDemo : Fake Raster
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hello,

I'm currently finishing the upcoming Release 0.8 of the AmiDARK Engine in its 2D version development.
I have fixed many issues, and added many things.

And, at a moment .. An idea came in my mind ...
What may people think, if we may have the capability to create Raster effect like on olds Amiga ?
Ok ... Technically ... There are things I can't do exactly like Copper did but I can do something nice and interesting.
The most interesting thing with these old raster lines, is that it can be used for background to create sky gradients for example... And I said "it's on that point that I must focalize"... and I did it ...
I've created a plugin, that is currently in the main engine but, that will be maybe released as a separate plugin .. I don't know yet what I'll do but, I wanted everyone to see what it can do...

I can create sky gradients.
Just take a look at this shot :
Resized Image

The upper shot show the original image (with a black background)
The bottom shot show the same image but with the raster under it...
I'm not sure my sample is really demonstrative so, I decided to create a small demonstration I release now .

This demonstration show 4 fake raster FX with 2D and 3D stuffs on screen. Source code is provided so you can see how it work but, you cannot compile it with the actual AmiDARK Engine 0.7 release. You'll need upcoming release 0.8.

I hope you'll enjoy it :
RasterDemo.lha

Here is a shot of this demo :
Resized Image

Here is the list of all changes that are already available in the upcoming Release 0.8 :
AMIGAOS4
- Updated makefile.aos4 files to compile correctly with latest changes.
- Added missing Makefile.aos4 files so all samples can be compiled on AmigaOS4 with these makefile.
- Removed gstabs & wall flags from all Makefile.aos4 so, compiled demonstration should run faster.
- Updated "default project" files to work with the latest changes.
- Updated HELP "Using The Language" to work with the latest changes.
MORPHOS
- Added samples that were missing under MorphOS. MorphOS now have exactly the same samples than AmigaOS4 release.
- Added Makefile.mos files so, all samples may be compiled directly under MorphOS with these makefile (untested).
- Updated "default project" files to work with the latest changes.
- Updated HELP "Using The Language" to work with the latest changes.
GENERAL
- Removed some old printf debug outputs and replaced them with the default DebugMessage function.
- Added more commands & functions documentation. Nearly all commands & functions are now documented.
- Added a new *special* command set called FX2D that does not exist in DarkBASIC Professional. It will contain various 2D effects.
- Status of FX2D additional command set is not yet defined. It will be a separate plugin or maybe integrated in the main engine core. Not yet decided.
Test.pngBASIC3D
- Added internal support for Anisotropic filtering
- Modified DESetObjectFilter, when activating Anisotropic filtering, that function can't set extra value so, it will be set to 1 per default.
- Added function DESetObjectFilterEx function to handle Anisotropic on/off and extra value for anisotropic filtering value.
- Warning : These DESetObjectFilter(Ex) functions is available but it will not work until both Warp3D & MiniGL will include changes to handle Anisotropic filtering.
CORE
- Added support for FX2D Fake Raster special effect in the Synchro refresh process.
FX2D
- Added commands FXCreateFakeRaster, FXCreateFakeRasterEx & FXCreateFakeRasterEx2
- Added commands FXDeleteRaster & FXUpdateRaster
- Added commands FXSetRasterLine, FXSetRasterGradient and function FXGetRasterLine
- Added commands FXSetRasterFromMemblock & FXMakeMemblockFromRaster
- Added command FXSetRasterY & function FXGetRasterY
- Added functions FXRasterExist & FXGetRasterHeight
- Added internal function to display rasters on screen.
SPRITE
- Fixed sprite backdrop restore process.

Regards,
AmiDARK

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.
Go to top
Re: AmiDARK Engine WIP 0.8 : TechDemo : Fake Raster
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
wow! thank you for all your hard work!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@AmiDark
Tested RasterDemo, and what is good, is that it works fine after unpacking, music, everything smooth, just like old-cool scroller demos. Also there is no more "swithching to full screen and then swithing to window" action like in some old provious versions of your engine.

Through some notices:

-- cpu 100%loading when run demo on my peg2/radeon9250
-- by default size of .exe was 6.5mb, but after stripping just 1mb, so far its pretty much ok. Not to make some little small intros, but for demos/games pretty good.

How far your final release of 2d engine which we can buy and tryed to do something ?

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Nubechecorre & Kas1e : Thank you for your support :)

Kas1e : on my Sam440EP-Flex 800Mhz I am probably near to 100% cpu loading.
Tell me more about Stripping ? I have never used that.

Concerning the AmiDARK Engine in its 2D version, it nearly completed.
I have only minor bugs to fix (audio sound ouput)
And finish the HELP + Some samples (source code).

With all these finished, I will release the AmiDARK 2D Engine RC1 ( Release Candidate 1 )
With that, I may be really near to the final release.
Probably under 1 month ? not really more...

Bye.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:

AmiDARK wrote:
Kas1e : on my Sam440EP-Flex 800Mhz I am probably near to 100% cpu loading.
Tell me more about Stripping ? I have never used that.

Strip removes all of the debug symbols from the binary. This reduces its size a lot. However, the stripped version cannot be used to extract at what line a program crashes.

I recommend saving a *.debug version of your compiled binary for personal use, and provide users with the stripped version. You will need the *.debug version when users give you debug logs.

The final step in my makefiles usually looks something like this:
$(TARGET): inform $(OBJS)
$(CC) $(LDFLAGS) -o $@.debug $(OBJS) $(LDLIBS)
strip $@.debug -o $@

If TARGET = "test", then this produces "test.debug" with all the debug symbols, and a stripped version called "test".

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Thank you Hans.

It works now :)

Edited by AmiDARK on 2013/2/7 18:55:05
Edited by AmiDARK on 2013/2/7 19:46:01
Edited by AmiDARK on 2013/2/8 22:50:17
Edited by AmiDARK on 2013/2/8 22:54:48
Go to top

Register To Post