Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
58 user(s) are online (38 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 56

Maijestro, geennaam, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

SQL server
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Guys is there any SQL server for amiga os 4.x??

i tried AAMP from os4depot but i cant do anything with that looks like it fakes a server or something, 68k sql server doesnt work.

If someone has it up and running with AAMP please let me know how?

i had installes myphpsql thingy that works but it cant login into sql server no pasword etc provided for the sql test servers.

hope ill get it to work like i had on my 68k apache server a year agao with working databases.

Go to top
Re: SQL server
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@klapdeur

I have AAMP from os4depot up and running on my machine. I tested it with Silverstripe, which uses Apache, PHP, and MySQL, and it works just fine (so long as SSL isn't involved). The AAMP server should install a basic working server. IIRC, MySQL initially doesn't have a root password, so connecting via mysqld or the provided MySQL database browse tool should work out of the box. You just need to make sure that you started the server.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi Hans

it did launch mysqld and tried the tools that came with it.

all i got where error messages from shell that it cant change add databases etc.

it did said its connected, and i could choose the test and mysql database. but from Mysqlphp admin website thingie it is asking for a user and pasword that i dont have.

and it is shown working in a screenshot on os4epot by aamp.

i will check again tomorrow. oh yes the apache tool doesnt work here anaymore i had installed apache server standalone packaged first then i saw aamp on os4depot and installed that one. apache is running test works.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:

klapdeur wrote:
Hi Hans

it did launch mysqld and tried the tools that came with it.

all i got where error messages from shell that it cant change add databases etc.

That's strange. Either you messed up your AAMP installation while trying to install phpMyAdmin, or you're somehow using the wrong commands (I'm not sure how well you know MySQL).

I just tried the following:
mysql
create database test1;
show databases;
drop database test1;
exit;

... and it worked just fine.

Quote:
it did said its connected, and i could choose the test and mysql database. but from Mysqlphp admin website thingie it is asking for a user and pasword that i dont have.

I haven't tried installing phpMyAdmin, so I cannot help you with setting that up. I'm guessing that you may have to create a new user (using the command line mysql tool) with admin privileges in order to get phpMyAdmin working properly. If you don't know how that is done, there are plenty of examples spread around the internet.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Of course the mySQL server works - I'm maintaining my wife's Wordpress installaion locally on my Pegasos II...

Take a look at this picture...

http://www.amigans.net/modules/myalbum/photo.php?lid=345&cid=4

..it might be useful to install Andrea's iODBC tools - it includes Michael Christoph's SQLManager.

X1000|II/G4|440ep|2000/060|2000/040|1000
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Oke Guys how can i make joomla work i need to add user and pasword to the database of joomla but HOW ?????

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
If you installed phpMyAdmin on the Privileges tab
of the database you can add, remove modify users
and users privileges.
But I think you need to know things about databases :)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I asked Edgar some weeks ago whether he would consider bundling a correctly-Amiga configured phpMyAdmin into the AAMP distribution and he seemed quite positive about the idea. I too failed to get it working after numerous attempts... I got so far into the installation and then got stuck.

AAMP needs a simple front-end web page (localhost:AAMP/)as well so you can jump into this stuff easier - nothing special just a few tabs across the top - a few links to documentation and help down the side. Perhaps add a simple logo and a list of developer credits - just to smarten the package up a little.*

A control panel wouldn't go amiss either - to start/stop servers, configure HTTP/MySQL ports etc... rather than clicking WB icons and editing config files.

PS. Related, but not AAMP's fault - MUI-OWB doesn't like opening phpmyadmin - I get one of those heavy cpu-javascript-threading erros which results in webpages taking 5 minutes to load every time you click something. I hate having to resort back to the old OWB.

* Might actually make one and send it on to Edgar.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I got it working with myphpadmin and username pasword adding etc.

i googled how to do it from mysql shell with sqladmin command
create user etc.

that had to do first is to make it all work is to create a user with admin rights in mysql

so this one is solved for me

Go to top

Register To Post