Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
67 user(s) are online (37 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 66

geennaam, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

MPlayer to run in a window
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Hi All

Whenever I run MPLayer on my SAM460 it runs on it's own screen, how do I get it to run in a window which I much prefer.

Also every time I quit mplayer I get a GrimReaper but it continues to run okay if I lad another movie!

SAM 460 with 2GB or RAM, 1000GB HD, 4 port SATA, DVDRW drive and Radeon HD 4650 GFX card.
Go to top
Re: MPlayer to run in a window
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@sicky

I think there is a bug in mplayer that causes the crash. And only in sdl mode i think.

Have you tried pressing f?

X5000
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Antique

Quote:
I think there is a bug in mplayer that causes the crash. And only in sdl mode i think.

Have you tried pressing f?

Is there a stable version without the crash bug?

I pressed f whilst playing a movie and it did change to window mode, is there a tooltype or setting to make that pernament do you know?

SAM 460 with 2GB or RAM, 1000GB HD, 4 port SATA, DVDRW drive and Radeon HD 4650 GFX card.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Try muiowb.

No idea really.

X5000
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@sicky
It sounds like you are using one of OLD ports of MPlayer. Please try this port:
http://os4depot.net/index.php?functio ... video/play/muimplayer.lha

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Quote:
@ChrisH

It sounds like you are using one of OLD ports of MPlayer. Please try this port:
http://os4depot.net/index.php?functio ... video/play/muimplayer.lha
[/quote]

I have the following tooltypes set:

# Write your default config options here!
vo=sdl
ao=null

If I get rid of them nothing happens when I attempt to launch MPlayer.

Also downloaded muimplayer and program launches, looks good but when I load a movie nothing happens whatsoever!

Also downloaded latest version of MPlayer from OS4 Depot and same thing happens!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@sicky

it looks like your issue is lack of PIP support in the current Radeon HD driver so you need to use a non overlay mode, so try using the mui-mplayer version with

mplayer -vo cgx_wpa

ao=null will give no sound BTW just in case your next question is why can't I hear anything

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@broadblues

Quote:
t looks like your issue is lack of PIP support in the current Radeon HD driver so you need to use a non overlay mode, so try using the mui-mplayer version with

mplayer -vo cgx_wpa

ao=null will give no sound BTW just in case your next question is why can't I hear anything

I have removed the ao=null statement and now have sound.

How do I use MPlayer using mplayer -vo cgx_wpa where do I put that, in icon info, config file, need an idiotrs guide for me

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@sicky
Let's start from scratch and step by steps:

1. delete everything that you have now related to mplayer (that necessary, delete it from C: and from any other places where you can have it, and which can uses instead of new one somehow).
2. download that version of mplayer. You should have update4 installed (not update2, or update3 : update4 is necessary).
3. unpack, run it
4. open a video in it. did it plays ?

Andy mention about lacking of overlay, but that should't be problem, because by default if you not have working overlay, muimplayer will swith you to plain cgx_wpa driver, automatically.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kasle

I tried that, ran mplayer, selected a movie, GUI disappeared and no movie showed. Out of curiosity set comand vo=sdl and tried again, launched mplayer, selected a movie, this time GUI remained but no movie playing??

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@sicky
GUI disappeared ? Its should't.. And as i remember, in muimplayer there is no sdl support, only in afxgroup's version (but i can be wrong, do not remember).

Did gui looks like this for you: screenshot ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
mplayer -vo help
lists all available drivers btw.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e Quote:
lacking of overlay, but that should't be problem, because by default if you not have working overlay, muimplayer will swith you to plain cgx_wpa driver, automatically.

I don't think that happens with the current RadeonHD driver...

@sicky
After starting MUI-MPlayer, please choose "Settings/Preferences..." from the menu, then change Video Driver to "cgx_wpa", then change Audio Driver to "ahi" (or "ahi_dev" if you still get no sound), and then click on the Save button.

MUI-MPlayer should now play videos.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kasle

Yes that's the one

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ChrisH

Quote:
After starting MUI-MPlayer, please choose "Settings/Preferences..." from the menu, then change Video Driver to "cgx_wpa", then change Audio Driver to "ahi" (or "ahi_dev" if you still get no sound), and then click on the Save button.

MUI-MPlayer should now play videos.

That's all set now and works.

For my SAM460 what setting do I need for DVD DEvice?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ChrisH
Quote:

I don't think that happens with the current RadeonHD driver...

Muimplayer at first run trying to use p96_pip, and if that not possible (because of lacking of overlay, or because of any other reassons), muimplayer will swith to cgx_wpa. At least on tested machines it's all like this, and on morphos originally too. But sure, there can be porting problems as usuall, but strange noone before report them.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top

Register To Post