Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
98 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 97

joerg, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

AnimGIF Speed
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
The speed of some AnimGIFs in avatars has changed a lot from 2.3 to 2.4. Is there a reason for this? I heard somewhere that there is no specification for the speed of replay, is that correct?

Go to top
Re: AnimGIF Speed
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@tonyw

Quote:

I heard somewhere that there is no specification for the speed of replay, is that correct?

It isn't. There is a delay that you can set for every frame that is in 100 Hz ticks (i.e. 10 ms). Otherwise it defaults to 100 fps IIRC.

You can check the gifanim.datatype sources on OS4Depot/Aminet for more details.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@tonyw

Quote:

tonyw wrote:
The speed of some AnimGIFs in avatars has changed a lot from 2.3 to 2.4. Is there a reason for this? I heard somewhere that there is no specification for the speed of replay, is that correct?

Kind of, yes. The minimum frame delay was increased from 10ms in 2.3 to 100ms in 2.4. I'm not aware of any official standard regarding this, and it doesn't help that different browsers handle things differently in this area. I seem to remember that IE and Firefox were quite different when this change was made in IBrowse.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Futaura

That would explain it, thanks.

Go to top

Register To Post