Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
128 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 128

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

WarpOS anyone??
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
So, I am actually trying to disassemble Wipeout2096 with IRA, but I can't get very far. The thing that puzzles me is, that the chunk that presumably contains the ppc code does not have any relocations at all. So how is that large chunk relocated?? Does warpos have it's own hidden relocation routine, and if so, how does it work??

Go to top
Re: WarpOS anyone??
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@alkfil

Again not so important information from me, but you can try to contact with Frank Wille (vbcc author). He know all that warpos stuff pretty well, and he for sure will help you out with all of this (he also pretty friendly, and all the time answer on mails without long waiting).

He even point out on some warpos bugs in warpos.library emulator (that one which os4 use now, and which do joerg) on HP forum, but pretty possible it wasn't take into account.

For vbcc he make all those sturtups for the powerup/warpos, so he for sure know what should be in which chunks and so on.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@alfkil

Awesome, at this point i presume that this detailed problem list can be usefull for you (see WipeOut 2097 message)

http://forum.hyperion-entertainment.biz/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=404

In short on this game there are 3 problems in general:

Quote:
- Freeze during game (on Sam Flex 800 only)

This is the big one, it's unplayable under my Sam Flex (i try any possible configuration), the game start but you get a freeze quite instantanely ...

Also quite often (before the freeze or not) we have ISI or unskippable DSI crashes

On AmigaOne this problem never happen, some DSI from time to time but all skippable, so no problem.

Quote:
- AlphaBlending bug in Warp3D so you have a big issue with some texture that are not rendered at all, you will see black box instead (this bug is present on both machine and it is surely a Radeon driver issue)

Thellier is currently work on that, he already found the reason altrough the patch he generate for Wazp3D (even if it cure the problem) introduced some little unwanted effect, need time i think but i'm sure he will win ...

We need to wait Wazp3D Beta 51

Quote:
- No CD audio working

This should work already thanks to the new cdplayer.library created by our salass00 altrough i didn't test yet the latest version and the version i've tried before didn't work for me ... but it's not a WipeOut issue ..

About the game i need to try if the joypad work correctly under AmigaInput (via lowelevel ?) but it should work i think ..

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Hello
"AlphaBlending bug in Warp3D"
That is not an AlphaBlending problem but a ChromaTest one

In fact WipeOut 2097 use W3D_SetChromaTestBounds() but it use it on ALL textures
... even on non transparents ones (...stupid)
Also i am not sure if wipeout enable chromatesting ?!!? should do SetState(context,W3D_CHROMATEST,W3D_ENABLE);

Also it call W3D_SetChromaTestBounds() with false parameters
W3D_CHROMATEST_EXCLUSIVE (=only texels outside the specified range are drawn, others are rejected)
from 0 0 0 0 to 255 0 0 0

Does that really works on some real Warp3D ????

In fact the error is here:
In RGBA format solid-black is 0 0 0 255 not 255 0 0 0
(argb format)
So wipeout was meaning "exclude pixels from transparent black to solid black" ==> do transparency where tex is black

BTW: as said Samo79 certainly next Wazp3D will fix that a
way or another...

Alain Thellier

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Ok thanks guys for all the info. I should say, though, before anyone gets all started on this one, that I might not be able to do it. IRA (the disassembler) is very much responsible for me being able to do the Napalm patch, and as there is no and probably is not going to be any tool like that for WarpOS (or PowerUP for that matter), this is not going to be easy peasy.

When all that is said, I do like a challenge when I see one, so let's see how far it takes us...

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@alfkil
You always can ask Frank to make more support for warpos in IRA if provide him some test-cases which looks wrong/bad, etc :)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Yes I asked him already for help, he is a nice chap, really .

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@alfkil
Yeah, he always answer on mails, always adequate and always fix the problems. For me in last years he add warp3d includes to the morphos target, fix a lot of ppc-warp3d code for os3 back in the past (that all for vbcc) and explain me a lot of techical moments from time to time. Hope he will help you with all the stuff :)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@alfkil

Quote:
Yes I asked him already for help, he is a nice chap, really

Yeah, hope he can really help you, there are a lot of nice WarpOS games out there, after WipeOut having an usable Shogo version would be outstanding

Edited by samo79 on 2011/12/9 2:02:59
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Quote:
IRA (the disassembler)

Don't you mean IDA instead?

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Quote:

Don't you mean IDA instead?

Nope, he means IRA.

The program you point to appears to be for Windows/Linux/MacOSX only and probably won't support the AmigaOS hunk format at all (assuming that it even supports M68k code in the first place) so totally useless for alfkil's purposes.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Elwood

800 eur just to get PowerPC support, and I didn't bother checking if WarpOS format is recognized.

But seriously: http://aminet.net/package/dev/asm/ira

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@salas00
Quote:

The program you point to appears to be for Windows/Linux/MacOSX only and probably won't support the AmigaOS hunk format at all (assuming that it even supports M68k code in the first place) so totally useless for alfkil's purposes.

Just in case of truth should to add that IDA support amiga 68k hunks very well (3 years ago i disasseble by IDA some old 68k programm to see how it works, and on base of this write my own). I.e. IDA not only support plain 68k cpus/instructions, but it support Amiga Hunk File Loader as well, and because of this 68k bins from aos are handled as well.

There is some example

As far as i remember, Alfkil choice IRA only because after compiling disassembled output from IRA back to binary, it works, but after compiling binary from IDA output it not works.

Through for Warpos i think with IDA will be the same problems as with IRA.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
The main problem with IDA was, that it screwed up some offsets. For example this:

ABSEXECBASE EQU 4
MOVEA.L ABSEXECBASE.W, A6

was translated into this:

start:
MOVEA.L start+0x04,A6

...which is just plain useless. This and other problems.

IRA is brilliant. Once you get working with the config files, you realise how powerful it is. Takes a little more manual tweeking than IDA, but that is effort rewarded well.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@salass00

Quote:
The program you point to appears to be for Windows/Linux/MacOSX only and probably won't support the AmigaOS hunk format at all

Surprisingly it does. At least you can see a Boingball on their video

Ok thanks for the link. I didn't know IRA.

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top

Register To Post