Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
95 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 95

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Xsane tips
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I'm trying to scan some pictures. Was wondering if there is a way to not having to crop the image afterwards. On the program on the pecee it autocrops the image for you. Is that possible in xsane?
Is it normal that it takes ages to scan a picture? And they become VERY big indeed.

Go to top
Re: Xsane tips
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Of course you can select the region you want to scan. Just use your mouse in the preview window. If there is no preview window, you can open it by selecting the menu item "Window/Show preview".

Resized Image

There is a auto selection button:

Resized Image

But it is not very useful.

To the image size: Which resolution did you choose? The size of the picture depends on the resolution and the size of the selected region.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@cygnused

Default about the size. The whole image.
I tried scanning a blu ray cover.
Set it to 1200. Says it's about 6000x8000. Hehe
The selection button was handy.
But too dark for my liking. Hmmm.

X5000
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ Antique

6000x8000? Then I know, why it is so slow .
As usual my AmiCygnix progs are not the fastest, but also because we have only USB 1.1 it needs some time.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@cygnused

That's probably why the scanner uses so long time to scan. And there is so much free cpu while doing it.

Let's hope the usb2 drivers are around the corner.

X5000
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all

I'm playing around with xsane,but all my scans are so damn dark. Have tried setting the brightness etc. But sitll not satisfied.
And when i find an ok setting for the preview,the scan is darker??? And when i start a preview for another cover the settings with brightness etc is changed back. Is there a way to keep those changes, or do i have to change it everytime. If so can you make the changes permanent?

X5000
Go to top

Register To Post