Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
91 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 91

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

File notifications and USB memory sticks
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Continuing from the temp site:

The original post:
Quote:
Can somebody tell me why a file notification on a root dir of a USB memory stick causes endless amounts of notifications, when the end user is doing nothing on his computer ? And how to get rid of that ?

@colinwenzel
Can you test HyperBench (from os4depot) with both the old DOS library 53.58 (21.4.10) and your new beta library and USB memory sticks, if you can reproduce the problem with either or both of the DOS lib versions ? So we can narrow down any possibilities.

@Tuxedo
Quote:
I used a NEC based USB card on my A1SE without problems(simply have to disable the kickstart files that uses the A1SE internal usb chip)...if you can found one you can try it yourself :)

All PCI slots are used already in my computer. Don't know how hard it's to find such card and I'm waiting for X1000 anyway.

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Re: File notifications and USB memory sticks
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I have a test program I used during development to test the notification system, it is now here...

http://members.westnet.com.au/colinwenzel/notify_test_program.lha

Start it in a shell with the destination path to monitor
as the argument, it will start three types of notifications and report when any events occured that trigger a notification.

Let me know what happens for you...

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@colinw

As i tester who report that problem to TSK, i will then just write results here:
I get your programm, unpack, and just run from shell:

Quote:

13/20.KINGSTON:> Notify_Test KINGSTON:
FS HOOK Notification started for 'KINGSTON:' as 'KINGSTON:'
FS SIGNAL Notification started for 'KINGSTON:' as 'KINGSTON:'
FS MESSAGE Notification started for 'KINGSTON:' as 'KINGSTON:'

Ready: ^C to exit.......

While it running, i trying to plugon-plugoff 2-3 times my usb stick, and in output have nothing.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e
You have to copy files to your mem stick in another Shell to see notifications displayed. But because you don't get more output it means the original problem is in HyperBench itself. Thanks ! (Last time I checked the code I couldn't find any reason to this problem but it must be somewhere. Also I'm wondering why it doesn't happen on my system.)

Oh those bugs, which are hard to find.

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top

Register To Post