Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
155 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 155

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Waycom Graphire4 tablet
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I was given the above tablet as a Xmas present to use on my laptop for editing photos etc.

It is the Classic XL version, which means it is A5 size, and it is a USB device and the pen has two buttons on it set up as double-click and right-mouse button.

On the laptop I can use the Tablet & Pen system wide as an external mouse, and for drawing with pressure sensitivity in Photoshop elements etc.

The big question, Can I use this device on my A1?
I know ImageFX supports graphic Tablets but I don't know if it is just specific ones.
Would the A1 just treat this as a mouse, or can I benefit from any of the Tablet functons?
Would I need to configure Amigainput, to be able to use it?
If I need drivers, are there any generic tablet drivers available on OS4?

Go to top
Re: Waycom Graphire4 tablet
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@Swoop

Have you actually plugged it in and tried it?

I think you may be surprised...

Simon

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Swoop

You can try formaldihyd package, it is for Aldi/Tevion/Aiptek/WacomIV/SummaGraphics/AceCad boards:

http://www.platon42.de/index2.html

Or from aminet summadigizer, for summagraphics compatible tablets.

Of course your tablet have to be compatible.

I have not possibilities to test myself, because of A1se broken usb. So no idea, if they can use usb-devices...

Go to top
Re: Wacom Graphire4 tablet
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Swoop

There is an article in Total Amiga 24 about Wacom tablets (I assume that you misspelled the brand name in the subject of your post). It is said that you need Poseidon 3.x to fully support all the functions given by the tablet. On AmigaOne and OS4 (and presumable its native USB stack) it works as a mouse replacements only (no absolute positioning supported in this case).

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Swoop

I use a Wacom Graphire4 classic A6 USB and found the following:

Using it with my Amithlon OS3.9 based system it works just fine, using Art Effect 4 with the tablet it even works with the pressure sensitivity etc. This system has latest (3.5) Poseidon and (1.22) ArakAttack installed. Only Art Effect has the built in drivers for pressure sensitivity which is a shame, would love to use Photogenics 5 with this feature enabled..... oh well!

When I tried it on my AmigaOne system with OS4 it worked but only as a mouse replacement with no pressure sensitivity working. But it is usable.

Go to top

Register To Post