Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
106 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 105

K-L, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

AOS4 problem: warpDT demo version requester, when booting...
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hello,

just would like to report this problem here, for AOS4 developpers. please add this problem on the AOS4 bugzilla...

using the mouse to disable a demo requester during the boot crash the amiga-NG (no problem w ith the keyboard).

http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/v ... p?topic_id=31591&forum=14

little part of the thread and thanks to futaura for the explanation:

I'm sorry to hear that you had problems, but there is nothing wrong with the WarpDTs, and you don't explain what the problem is exactly or how you know it is WarpPNG. If you a referring to the evaluation timeout requester, just hit the Esc key to clear it (don't use the mouse). There is a serious bug in OS4 that causes this requester to lock up if you click the requester with the mouse, so please go pester Hyperion on this bug - it is not the WarpDTs fault ! Obviously this is a pretty bizarre problem - don't know why using the keyboard or mouse should make any difference to making the requester crash or not, but the code involved is in OS4, not WarpPNG. I've also had this problem with other requesters from other apps/tools popping up while booting, so it is a general system wide bug

A1200+Mediator+VooDoo3+060/50+96mo+IIYAMA 17"+CD,CDRW,ZIP SCSI-KIT
SAM440EP on Mapower 3000+AOS4.1

Amiga Docs Disk Preservation Project
Go to top
Re: AOS4 problem: warpDT demo version requester, when booting...
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Mrodfr

As far as i know Futaura?is a OS4 developer, the datatypes of OS4.x are cutdown version of his WarpDTs.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:

ZeroG wrote:
@Mrodfr

As far as i know Futaura?is a OS4 developer, the datatypes of OS4.x are cutdown version of his WarpDTs.

That may have been true initially, but others have been updating the OS4 datatype sources, so I can't guarantee that recent versions sport my enhancements from the WarpDTs anymore .

I'm kinda sick of fixing other careless developers' bugs, which is all I tend to do in OS4 development terms these days unfortunately (e.g. because IBrowse and the WarpDTs keep getting blamed for being buggy when the bug is in fact in OS4). However, I am going to take a closer look at the requester problem because it certainly didn't used to happen - it started happening after some OS4 update. Since the problem involves a complete system lockup, it's going to be hard to track, and it may be sufficiently complex that I won't be able to work out which component the problem is caused by, and in which case maybe I can add a workaround to the WarpDTs instead. We'll see.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Mrodfr

Are you sure it is right to post private mails on public forums ? This is not the first time (last time was on French Amiga site Amiga Impact).

You should only post the solution Oliver gave you, not post his entire mail which is only aimed at you.

Anyway, to anyone willing to use WarpDatatypes, register them. It's a very powerful datatype replacement.

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Futaura

Thanks for your work on OS4! It's always appreciated!

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@K-L
Quote:

Are you sure it is right to post private mails on public forums ?

That was a quote from a public statement...

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@K-L

Quote:

K-L wrote:
@Mrodfr

Are you sure it is right to post private mails on public forums ?

I have posted a problem found on AOS4/warpDT here because It's the place most AOS4 developpers should go to found and resolve problems (a kind of database).

And if you have readed carefully the thread, the problem came from a thread from amigaworld, recently...

A1200+Mediator+VooDoo3+060/50+96mo+IIYAMA 17"+CD,CDRW,ZIP SCSI-KIT
SAM440EP on Mapower 3000+AOS4.1

Amiga Docs Disk Preservation Project
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Mrodfr

So as we say in France : "au temps pour moi", I apologize

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top

Register To Post