Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
85 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 85

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Video of AOS4.1_update1 on Peg2 (youtube)
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Link on video

Firstly sorry all that is one more "crappy camera" video, but that which i have by hands for now. I tryed to record it with 640x480 res + not so big compression, but still, it's far from perfect video related to quality.

That video will be intersting to see for anyone who does not have os4, and just want to see latest update in action and not so boring about "ideal" picture. I agree, it's always good to see clean picture, but that all what i have for now. Later i will make videos with better quality i hope :)

If you not heard music, just put volume up. Music/sounds is here.

My machine are Pegasos2 / 1ghz / 1gb of ram / Radeon9250.

So. 10 minuts, in which i just trying to run and a bit use some amiga apps. The full list are big, but let's describe which programms i run:

-- Tunenet, play some nice .MOD file, then radio (smooth jazz station).

-- Filer (latest one, beta version, use it all the time over the video).

-- Blender (proffessional ! Like it a lot).

-- OWB 3.23 (have setuped running/exit of clipdown right on running/exit stage of OWB).

-- Celestia (now you can see, we have in background: filer, blender, tunent and celestia). Blender and Celestia are very "heavy" programms itself, so, it's not surprised that you can detect a little slowingdowns of Celestia.

-- Youtube time ! With usuing ClipDown/Getvideo/Mplayer over OWB 3.23. There is some PunkRock song from "The Casualties" band, so, prepare for some noise if you dislike hardcore PunkRock at all :)

-- Dopus4 (just run it "just for" , because Filer are better).

-- Some prefs: WBStartup, Notification (you can see when i start it a little notification window splash at left/bottom corner). Then ScreenMode prefs, ASL

-- Running/Exit of SimpleMail and Yam (default in the update1, from Extrass).

-- New DVPlayer (default in update1 too). In it i load mp3, so, you can see that it's for now can handle mp3 with visual Scope. Not big deal, but anyway nice.

-- Over Filer running some video (mplayer). By some unluck i run 2 or 3 mplayer at time, so, when i start to run PFTP it's a bit slowing downs, so, i close all of this.

-- Volume up in Tunenet ! (all that time it plays radio, just volume-mute).

-- Some browsing by OWB (that nasty Jazz are nice to listen when you surf the net)

-- WoockieChat. Just run it "because" (one more app in background, to show stability).

-- Ibrowse2.4 (run/exit, just for fun)

-- Cinnemon Writer (last one). Looks like it works better in update1.

-- E-UAE. SDl version (window mode works). There i choice Technological Death demo.

The end. 10 minuts are over, it's maximum for my youtube account. Of course i show nothing, only that i can for that 10 mins, basically for now you can make a little "movie" on a hour for showing amigaos4 in action, but for brief look that imho enough.

Of course AOS4 have many places on which need to work still, need fixes, updates and more "eye-candy" look, but if compare with old amigaos3.x that is huge step. In general you have computing fun for now :)

So, have that fun, and i hope some of you will like that crappy/low-res/camera video :)

Link on video

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Re: Video of AOS4.1_update1 on Peg2 (youtube)
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e

Nice Video kas1e! (though the camera was a little lob sided! (tilted))

OS4.1 + an A1XE with an appetite for batteries!
Go to top

Register To Post