Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
128 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 128

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Who is using the latest revision of Imagine for OS4.x?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I visited the site a few days ago but find there seems to be quite an absence of information surrounding just how much PPC/OS4.x native Imagine 5.x is? Can anyway shine some light on this, I want to purchase it but I want more info on it!

Any rumours on a special mailing list perhaps?

thanks

I belonged to the original upgrade program that ended with release 4.0

~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x
Go to top
Re: Who is using the latest revision of Imagine for OS4.x?
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Slayer

Just looked at the site for the first time in ages, there is a little bit of info on the faq pages. It refers to a standalone PPC renderer and gives some benchmarks comparison with the 68k version. Doesn't specify much in terms of hardware or OS though. It does give info on a mailing list on the same FAQ.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Slayer

I have the latest version of Imagine 5.19, ACUP, and er, well, although it installs nicely, and starts into the program.

I am still, after all this time having difficulties displaying anything in the quick render, or rendering in general.

No objects get displayed, no matter how we played around with the settings, at amiga meet, or in my own time.

HENCE

Why I am currently using Cinema4d version 4.2 and awaiting the new arrival of Aladdin 4d Version 6.

I also have written to the,, and if they actually answer some of the questions, might pose for an interesting Monthly Page article.

Cheers.

Courtesy of SAM440Flex & Amiga OS4.1 only
Flex is 800mhz
A1000 with Classic 520 Amiga OS3.2.1
AmiKit 12
MorphOS PowerBook G4 (which can play youtube vids)

https://blitterwolf.blogspot.com
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Thanks for the interest guys

I guess it's one of those catch 22 situations? they need support to further develop it and I'd like at least a more or less fully PPC version which of course I'd be happy to spend the dollars...

I've already given to all the earlier versions, why isn't there gold at the end of this rainbow

I'd accept Imagine as I know it with full PPC power... there is heaps of stuff you can do with it as is

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Well, given the lack of interest in this thread I can only assume not many people use or have used Imagine and if they did don't bother with it anymore...

Rather sad I think as I found Imagine very easy to use. I can't Imagine (excuse the pun ) anything else being easier to use...

I remember Steve Worley was it? who stated that Imagine had a steep learning curve... I never understood that statement...

Why don't they take a stable release of the Imagine Source AS IS and just port it ALL to PPC OS4.1 for our SAMs... better than waiting on potential support that might not come...

Now I'll pay $400 American for that

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Slayer

isnt worley the guy who did plugins for lw some time ago? that might explain why he was bashing imagine. but perhaps lightwave was really the easiest to start with at that time. today everybody uses cinema4d on mac for that reason, ironically, while the first package ive ever bought (second hand) was real3d for amiga.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@wawa

Quote:

wawa wrote:
@Slayer

isnt worley the guy who did plugins for lw some time ago? that might explain why he was bashing imagine. but perhaps lightwave was really the easiest to start with at that time. today everybody uses cinema4d on mac for that reason, ironically, while the first package ive ever bought (second hand) was real3d for amiga.

Steve Worley was the author of the book "Understanding Imagine 2.0" I have 3 copies of it LOL

A very good book and that's coming from someone who doesn't like following anyone elses lead

It would be a complete flip over backwards for him to personally knock Imagine IMHO unless he seriously had a major run in with Impulse or something? And if he is bashing Imagine he is probably either lying or using technical aspects (comparing yesterday with todays implementations from current Ray Tracing Software) to make his valid points.

Yesterday I don't recall a huge amount of people preferring LW over Imagine, but then, perhaps the International community was far from what it is today and couldn't be judged accordingly.

Maybe LW in the USA for example had a HUGE following - they used LW for Seaquest and Babylon 5 etc... more than a touch of inspiration for those up and coming 3D Imaginations

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Slayer

I have Imagine 4.0 which I bought on an Aminet CD. I really liked it and used it for anumber of things. I always wanted, but could never afford, to buy Imagine 5.0.

Imagine 4.0 works okay on my A1 with only a couple of minor quirks. It's not that fast though. A certain other program I'm working leaves it standing.... I still tend to prefer the Imagine interface over blendrs though, and range and complexity of imagine procedural textures is well ahead of blenders.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@broadblues

That is good to hear! Yes, Imagine I found was nice to use... The Stage area is fairly straight forward too, but like everything with the Project area and alike you just need to play in it more frequently than the odd time...

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Slayer: lightwave has had very low entry level skill demand. you just could mess around a little for the start and something was coming out of this. also as it was adressed at broadcasting industry it had a lot very practical features for actual film making. it was just very late "ported to pal" otherwise it would have also a serious following this side of the pond.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi,

mmhh ...
If any here need the last ImagineV5 CGFX 68k version with
nearly all Proffessional add-ons (Essence V3 I + II Textures
and MANY more), he can put me an mail.
Sell All - All fullversions with booklet and 3 Imagine German
Books.

;P

Maybe the wrong forum but the right Thread ;)

Have switched to Maya on PC ...

Regards
R-TEAM

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@wawa

understood, perhaps I forgot the main thing I liked about Imagine, you only had triangles

Go to top

Register To Post