Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
93 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 93

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 3 »
Help me,issues on my Amiga One
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi all

I sent an e-mail one time to hyperion at webmaster@hyperion-entertainment.biz and the first to its previous adress and the two messages were rejected from the mail server as they said the direction is wrong or something similar.
As I am trying to get rid of the problems of my Amiga One:

Can anybody say me what is the right direction to write to Hyperion?

Remember that I am trying to solve some of my Amiga One problems at least the more relevant.

Edited by MamePPCA1 on 2009/6/5 21:02:23
Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top
Re: What's the correct mail adress of Hyperion?
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@MamePPCA1

Well, as you can imagine, Hyperion are busy working on improvements to the OS, so perhaps you might be better off describing your problems here, and let the users see if they can assist you.

It may be a lot quicker in the long run.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Rigo

Quote:
Well, as you can imagine, Hyperion are busy working on improvements to the OS

Hey, that's nice to know. O Supreme one.

Peter Swallow

Eyetech A1XE-G3 800Mhz OS4.1
Towered A1200 OS3.9
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Swoop

Quote:

Swoop wrote:
@Rigo

Quote:
Well, as you can imagine, Hyperion are busy working on improvements to the OS

Hey, that's nice to know. O Supreme one.

Not sure if that is sarcasm because perhaps Rigo is stating what should be the obvious but at I would think it has to be what is going on... in actual fact I was just thinking today I haven't seen much from Rogue lately...

SOoo... must be good for all of us!

and yes MamePPCA1 perhaps the masses can shine some light on what difficulties you are having... although I can understand you people who like to work through the right procedures to get to the bottom of something... I don't want you distracting them from offical OS4.x work either

My A1 is dead, can't get much worse than that, never sent them an email about problems leading up to either though

~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Slayer

Quote:
My A1 is dead, can't get much worse than that, never sent them an email about problems leading up to either though

Which dickhead sold you that unstable crap box in the first place? I bet he's a dickhead!

(note: in-joke intended for Slayer)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Rigo

My problems are being described on AW site before and can be said that my Amiga One gets freezed very frequently sometimes within 2 minutes it locks up.
I wrote to Hyperion because they are working for the Amiga One and maybe they could give me light to this issuen and I don't want to disturb them I only asked if they can help me in any way.Anyway I sent it the mail to two different adresses and the mail never went to its destination.

As I said before I asked on Amiga World and never get a satisfactory answer bacause they say me I can replace the battery and I replaced but nothing solves this at least apparently and they say me that the PSU and the CPU cooling fan could be too but I am not sure and because somes says one thing and others another I never went to buy a cooling fan or new PSU because I am not sure what could be the best solution for my beloved and weak Amiga One.

So here I am writing on my PC portable because my Amiga One gives me problems of stability to work with enough tranquility.

If someone like to know were is the thread of this problem on AmigaWorld,ask me and I say you if you want to read it.

If someone can help me and make my Amiga One at least more stable I will be grateful with you.

And if it can be the cooling fan or any other part tell me please were to get one new,OK?

Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Slayer

If your Amiga One is dead,sorry,but my Amiga One isn't dead and still there could be a posibility of make it stable,that's the thing I desire more and I will fight till the end to make it real,at least I have to try it.

This problem I believe is on my A1 since I buyed it but it has maked bigger on the last months.

Probably I could say much more but it's better that you ask me and if I have the answer I will answer you.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@jahc

Quote:

jahc wrote:
Which dickhead sold you that unstable crap box in the first place? I bet he's a dickhead!

It managed to give me around 6 months of insight into the OS4 so all was not in vain

Also, all is not lost, I pushed it into a corner for the moment but I shall revisit it later on... although, the more SAMs that come into my life the harder it is too make time

~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@jahc

...unstable crap box...
LOL !
I think that's what the ancient Romans were telling us about with 'Caveat Emptor'!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Slayer

Quote:
Not sure if that is sarcasm

No, not really, just that Simon's title said supreme council, so I called him O Supreme one.

Peter Swallow

Eyetech A1XE-G3 800Mhz OS4.1
Towered A1200 OS3.9
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Swoop

Now that I described the problem of my Amiga One nobody ask me.

Can anybody ask me or help me in the issues about the Amiga One?

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@MamePPCA1

OK, firstly, Hyperion are not the only OS4 developers that visit these forums, so if there is anything that stands out, it will be noticed by people that can check and possibly repair any problems within the OS code.

That said, the AmigaOne version has been largly tested and deemed generally stable, most faults are hardware related (it's not like the AmigaOne machines are 100% bug free :)

So lets start at the beginning:

Which version of AmigaOS do you have installed?

Are you using any software in particular when the freeze happens?

Have you checked your memory since the freezes started happening? (there is a util on OS4Depot to assist here)

It is possible that your cooling solution is failing, especially if you still have the original cooling fan fitted. Even if it isn't, it might be a good idea to change it anyway, as it's only a matter of time before it does fail.

Simon

Go to top
Re: Help me,issues on my Amiga One
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@MamePPCA1

I used to get frequent crashes with my ?A1 when I would do CPU intensive things (such as playing videos) until I changed the heatsink and fan; now my system is rock-solid. So that would by my guess as to the cause of your problems.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@MamePPCA1

What happens if you run AmigaOS4.x from the boot cd for a period of time? does it crash and freeze as well?

Mikey C

No cause is lost if there is but one fool left to fight for it.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@PEB

I agree. It seems to be an overheating problem.

If not, you should try another RAM chip.

Glames

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@MamePPCA1

Just out of interest, is there not an Amiga user group in Spain you could pop along to? Are there any?

Mikey C

No cause is lost if there is but one fool left to fight for it.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@MamePPCA1

What user name do you use on AW ? I could not find you over there.

I was able to stop most of the freezes on my system by disabling compositing features in AmigaOS 4.1.

I use the following theme, which disables the compositing features and some other stuff.
Prefs/Presets/Default/1024x768 no hwaccel

There are similar themes for higher screen resolutions.

If you have only 256 MB of RAM, this may also be a problem. If you have lots of programs running and open a new window or try to move a window, it creates a low memory condition. The system tries to move stuff out of memory and over to the SWAP partition and causes a freeze for several minutes while this is happening. If you wait long enough the system should eventually come back to life. I don't know how to disable this feature. I usually re-boot if it takes too long.

---
redfox

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Rigo

Quote:

Rigo wrote:
@MamePPCA1

OK, firstly, Hyperion are not the only OS4 developers that visit these forums, so if there is anything that stands out, it will be noticed by people that can check and possibly repair any problems within the OS code.

That said, the AmigaOne version has been largly tested and deemed generally stable, most faults are hardware related (it's not like the AmigaOne machines are 100% bug free :)

So lets start at the beginning:

Which version of AmigaOS do you have installed?

Are you using any software in particular when the freeze happens?

Have you checked your memory since the freezes started happening? (there is a util on OS4Depot to assist here)

It is possible that your cooling solution is failing, especially if you still have the original cooling fan fitted. Even if it isn't, it might be a good idea to change it anyway, as it's only a matter of time before it does fail.

Simon

OK,I have OS4.1 installed.
About software it freezes very frequently with IBrowse and OWB too,but it can happen with any other software I want to run or try it,like for example the last game I installed called something about tomatoes (I don't remember well),for example playing yesterday night this game I passed three or four levels and repently it freezed.
More software that can freeze could be the Playstation emulator FPSE,Duke Nukem 3D,Quake and probably any other game I want to try and even Mame and any other software.But the machine's behaviour is of instability and the A1 freezes very frequently with the two browsers mentioned before and sometimes I can play with the game The Goonies for some minutes and even exit it but this is very rare.

And I am very on agreement with you that the Amiga One has real hardware problems because I think that in a case like this it must be the hardware not the software that has been tested deeply as you said and may be nearly perfect.
I have a heavily expanded machine too,that's a thing to take note.And I want to add that if I will be posting this post on the Amiga One,probably it would freezed up before I could end it.

To test my memory I used a program called memtester and I believe it gives me the results OK,but I don't remember well.And believe me that even running this program the machine could be frozen.

About my machine's cooling fan,it could be a problem yes.In fact I have the same cooling fan since I buyed the machine on 2003 and it still operates but I only used aproximately for 3 years.

I think I asked all.Is this information useful for you?

If you or someone wants to ask me more do it,I will try to answer all with the knowledge I have.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@PEB

Thanks really,I have to go for a heatsink/cooling fan.

Does anybody knows where to buy on the net one good for my Amiga One?

Do you never have crashes since then? Wow that must be my dream man!

If I never get crashes again my machine could be as I ever like it to be.

Contrasting your opinion with others posted on AmigaWorld,someones said me that it could be the cooling fan.

One question;what is a heatsink exactly?

and other;describe me your machine setup to compare with mine and see if it can be a heavy charged machine mine.

Edited by MamePPCA1 on 2009/6/6 21:26:21
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Mikey_C

From the times I tested it even with the AmigaOS4.1 CD sometimes the machine crashes!

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 3 »