Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
154 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 153

VooDoo, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
SimplePlay facelift
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I've replaced the plain "play" "stop" "next" buttons etc with AISS toolbar images.. uses thebar.mcc. It looks a bit odd still because the images are bigger than the volume and repeat+shuffle buttons.. but oh well. :)

Also, I gave it a tiny little inaccurate but fun scope. That little vertical mui gauge bobs up and down to the music.

http://wookiechat.amigarevolution.com/wip/revamped_simpleplay.png
Edit: just uploaded a newer screenshot

It's still based on SDL_Mixer, which has no function to "get" the song length.. so I cant add a position slider.. but I could probably add fast forward and rewind buttons.

I use still it instead of Tunenet because I like the Jump function I implemented. :)

Edited by jahc on 2009/5/29 0:22:31
Edited by jahc on 2009/5/29 5:06:47
Go to top
Re: SimplePlay facelift
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@jahc

and what does this jump function do?

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Elwood

Automatically Plays "Jump" by House of Pain!

Mikey C

No cause is lost if there is but one fool left to fight for it.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Elwood

It will open a window, and when you start typing it'll build a list below of songs that match .. when you see the song you want, you can use the cursor keys to go down and then press enter to play it.. (or you can use the mouse to double click it, but thats slower for me).

http://wookiechat.amigarevolution.com/wip/jump.png

Tunenet has this too, but my method feels slightly more intuitive to use. I struggle to remember the Tunenet key shortcuts.. Tunenet is great in nearly all other areas though, and is probably the leading music player on OS4. But I like my own creations. I've got about 4 pieces of software I've made that's in use on my system every day, and maybe another 2 that I semi use every now and again.. but I'm rambling now. :)

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Mikey_C

Wasn't it KrissKross?

@Jahc

Ok, it's a live search function. Nice.

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information

Mikey C

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@jahc
Until Bean fixes the Shuffle bugs in TuneNet, this sounds like it could be a good alternative.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Hi @jahc
My favorite mod,wave, and ogg player.
I love the new face-lift!

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Mikey_C

must be Van Halen - Jump
(the old number from 1984)

Bounty site for AmigaOS4! www.amigabounty.net
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Troels

Another great track :D

Mikey C

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@jahc

nice application, I use it under DOPUS (w/o GUI).

any chance to add FLAC support one day ?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Lio

Unfortunately not. I didnt write any of the music routines.. I just used an existing library called SDL_Mixer. It was designed for usage in games, which is why SimplePlay is missing a few proper music app features.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Snuffy

Quote:
My favorite mod,wave, and ogg player.
I love the new face-lift!

I didn't know people actually used it! In that case.. here, you can try it out:
http://wookiechat.amigarevolution.com/sptest.lha

I'm still working on it. I'm going to give it an ARexx port, so multimedia keyboards can send volume changing commands, or next/previous track commands to SimplePlay.. Also when you click a button, I want it to be able to execute an ARexx script too. This could be useful to i.e. send "/say jahc is listening to %n %s" to WookieChat.. i cant think of another use, but with the flexibility, someone else might find another use for it.

Bean, if you're reading this, feel free to implement these ideas too. :) In fact, lets try and use the same ARexx command names and syntax.

P.S. To make it look nice, go into MUI Settings, External, TheBar, Appearance, and change the view mode to "Icons only".

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@jahc

It looks a lot better when its moving, but I made it half the size and put it beside the Time Elapsed text object.. (not released yet..)

http://wookiechat.amigarevolution.com/wip/scope3.png

EDIT: Getting closer to another release!
http://wookiechat.amigarevolution.com/wip/scope4.png
And some more changes:
- Added an ARexx port, to listen for NEXT, PLAY, PREVIOUS, PAUSE, STOP, VOLUMEUP, VOLUMEDOWN, SETVOLUME,
SHUFFLE. Example scripts are provided.
- "Previous" function will now take you to the previous song you played, instead of the previous song in
the playlist
- "Next" function will start the playback if playback is currently stopped.
- SimplePlay stops playback when it reaches the end of the playlist now (unless in shuffle mode).
- Music will now resume if you press pause, and then the play button. (previously it would restart the song)
- Added SLOW rewind/fast forward buttons. The music library I use pretty much has to rewind the song
everytime you want to set the position. The function is slower at the beginning of the song, and gets
slower the more it has to seek into the file.

Edited by jahc on 2009/5/30 11:40:20
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@jahc
How about making "Add Directory" recursive? At the moment I am having to load my TuneNet playlists! And being able to add several directories at once (highlighting them in one requester) would be really useful.

Some way to make Shuffle permanently enabled would be great. (I miss this on TuneNet too.)

Would it be possible for the audio decoding/mixing routines to run at a higher priority? I don't know what they are running at, but anything slightly CPU demanding tends to cause brief glitches in the sound.

Edited by ChrisH on 2009/5/30 13:14:18
Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ChrisH

Quote:
How about making "Add Directory" recursive? At the moment I am having to load my TuneNet playlists! And being able to add several directories at once (highlighting them in one requester) would be really useful.

i had a recursive dir opening function, but it was buggy like a mother fucker, so I disabled it.

Quote:
Some way to make Shuffle permanently enabled would be great. (I miss this on TuneNet too.)

Okay, this feature has just been added. :)

Quote:
Would it be possible for the audio decoding/mixing routines to run at a higher priority? I don't know what they are running at, but anything slightly CPU demanding tends to cause brief glitches in the sound.

I'm not really sure. I'll check with spotUp, because he's done an sdl_mixer recompile before.
Also, I'm hoping he might be able to remove annoying sdl_mixer debug text when rewinding/fastforwarding..
Audio: Skipping 14.500000 seconds...
Audio: Skipping 15.000000 seconds...
etc etc..

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Hi @jahc

I didn't know people actually used it! In that case.. here, you can try it out:
http://wookiechat.amigarevolution.com/sptest.lha

Thanks! I use SDLBasic most of the time and of course SimplePlay gets along simply! TuneNet is not SDLBasic friendly. I'm just saying enviroments dictate compatability. Where's your PayPal button hiding? Looked all over for it!

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Snuffy

Go to http://wookiechat.amigarevolution.com/ .. and to the left on the blue bar, theres "Donate" halfway down the screen under "Misc"..

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@jahc

That's an invalid PayPal link. That's what the logo on a website is all about. Instead send an E=mail address to me. PayPal won't process your web site address. Check your PM!

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 »