Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
57 user(s) are online (36 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 57

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Bit lost on .exe
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I have download a game and I have a icon which is a .exe file when I click on the icon I get a message saying the icon has no default tool as you can see I`m new to the AmigaOS 4.0 so what I`m asking how to I get this game to work?

Go to top
Re: Bit lost on .exe
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Ant

Sounds like the icon is a tool icon and there is no accompanying file (same spelling just minus the .info) that shares the same name. ie

game
game.info

game being the games executable

search the game directory and evaluate the situation

[Now I've reread your post perhaps it is a project icon and it is looking for c:IconX or similair which perhaps does not exist in an OS4 C directory (if it does then the path to the executable could be wrong), I do not know off hand what the alternative is (I am at work on a stupid pc) - select icon image on workbench once with click of left mouse button and release (it should stay highlighted) and then hold down the right button and select information from top menu to see what its looking to use]

edit:

If you still have no joy could you possible use a shell to cd to the directory

cd "dh1:games/my games/shooter" (for example, your path will be different)

notice above since there is a space in one of the directories I enclose the directive in quotes, if there is no spaces in any location you do not need the quotes but it is good to know for later reference

then type

list > ram:output.txt

then I suppose use notepad to open the file now in ram and cut it out and paste it into a new post in this thread so we can see what's there?

Edited by Slayer on 2009/5/21 21:44:28
~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x
Go to top
Re: Bit lost on .exe
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Ant

I have download a game and I have a icon which is a .exe file when I click on the icon I get a message saying the icon has no default tool...
The developer used the wrong icon type. The icon should have been a 'Tool' type instead of a 'Project' type. Try editing the the icon with workbench menu 'info'. You could change the 'default tool ' name, which is probably blank, to piont to the actual .exe program.

Go to top

Register To Post