Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
139 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 139

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Data Error in Riff/Wave files
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I installed the latest WAVE.datatype and I get a data error on Riff files. I've always used Riffs with Sys:Sound Preferences. How can I determine what went wrong?

Go to top
Re: Data Error in Riff/Wave files
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Snuffy

You can write to the author and send him the sound that failed on. I hope you removed wav.datatype before installing wave.datatype.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Snuffy

Make sure you don't have the wav.datatype descriptor file still in DEVS:DataTypes. If you do, either delete it or move it to SYS:Storage/DataTypes and then reboot.

If you still have problems with a file, run the following commands on it and then post the results in this thread f.e.:
list filename.wav
easyhex filename.wav

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Hi @salass00
Make sure you don't have the wav.datatype descriptor file still in DEVS:DataTypes. If you do, either delete it or move it to SYS:Storage/DataTypes and then reboot.
There was no wav.datatype files here. I think it's a case of a unstable system. I went and turned off 'composting mode' and ditched the wobbly optical mouse for ps2 mouse and reinstalled your datatype; all the wave/riff files are working normally now. So the problem appears to be conditions and state of OS4.1 at the time of installing an update! I kind of thinking now of a warm restart before doing any updates. What do think?

Go to top

Register To Post