Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
98 user(s) are online (63 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 97

Georg, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Share folders between AmigaOS4.1 and Windows.
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi,

I'd like to copy files from PC to Amiga and from Amiga to PC.
To do this, I think that getting the capability to share folders/drawers from my personal network should be the perfect solution.

Does someone know how I can proceed to share folders between these 2 computers ?

Thank you.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.
Go to top
Re: Share folders between AmigaOS4.1 and Windows.
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@freddix

Hi, what you need is the Samba Server. Take a look at: http://homepages.tesco.net/michael.carrillo/amigasamba/

---
whatelse

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@chr
Thank you.
It seem really interesting

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi,

I've found it to be easier to share the folder on the Windows machine and access it from the Amiga side using smbfs.

For example:

smbfs Workgroup=WORK User=Me Password=Secret Service=//Computer/Share DEVICE=PCshare: VOLUME=PCshare

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@tomsoniq
I managed to make Samba work at home, I forward my settings in the main SAMBA support post.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Thread

I think this might prove itself useful (replying to myself on some other thread where the reply would be too blatantly OT), the subject is amiga smbfs by Olaf Barthel:
Quote:

With older samba servers it works. The problem is with (at least here) with samba 3.2 on linux. then the stuff gets broken. It's smbfs' fault. Smbclient implements a newer version of protocol and works fine, but it doesn't offers filesystem functionality.

Was wandering in sf.net yesterday and found that the latest smbfs works like charm with Debian's samba 3.3.4 server! No 8.3 capitalized filenames and mount failures! Yipeee!

Jack

Resized Image
"the expression, 'atonal music,' is most unfortunate--it is on a par with calling flying 'the art of not falling,' or swimming 'the art of not drowning.'. A. Schoenberg
Go to top

Register To Post