Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
108 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 107

Firetail, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Mixer and mute settings
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I'm currently fixing the audio recording in SRec.

It works currently by connecting the headphones socket directly to the mic in socket using an audio cable. By using the headphones socket I can still have my speakers connected and hear any audio that is being played.

In order for this to work I have to mute the "Monitor Mic in" in Mixer, but unfortunately this setting seems to reset itself every once in a while like f.e. when I start recording something (by sending a CMD_READ to ahi.device). It doesn't happen every time I do a CMD_READ. It seems to happen more often when I let the request finish by itself instead of cutting it off using AbortIO() f.e.

Any way to make the mute setting stick permanently? Is this a problem with AHI, Mixer or the CMI8738 driver?

Go to top
Re: Mixer and mute settings
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@salass00

Could you first explain to me please what you are trying to achieve? What does 'fixing srec mean' and why would you connect the headphone output to the mic in? Sorry if I've missed any previous discussion.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@DaveAE

SRec is a program for making videos from your computer screen. Think SGrab but with the difference that the result is a .avi video and not just a single screenshot. It's available for download on OS4Depot (the latest 0.11 version is still in the upload queue).

I use CMD_READ to record the audio since I thought this would be easier than hacking into AHI somehow to get the audio data.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@salass00

Ok, I see.
I think my/the driver intentionally does turn on monitoring when starting recording. Note that Mixer is totally bypassing AHI, so the Mixer and the driver don't know each other!
Currently I have no real solution to the problem other than that I can have a look at the driver some time to see if I can do something about it.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@DaveAE

Thanks for the explanation.

Quote:

Currently I have no real solution to the problem other than that I can have a look at the driver some time to see if I can do something about it.

If you could do that it would be appreciated.

I've uploaded a video I recorded here (I use TuneNet to play some music):
http://rapidshare.com/files/201939348/test.zip.html (link only allows 10 downloads)

The noise which plays at some points like f.e. at the start of the video is because the "mic in" input is unmuted.

Go to top

Register To Post