Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
151 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 150

white, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Predictions #1.... May 2009 (Amiga's Future)
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
So, this is going to be controversial, let's go.

1.) What do you think the ubsurd court case's outcome that seems to be in some "Phantom Zone" will be?
1.1) There will probably be a countersuit demanding Amiga Inc. pays them back for court costs incurred.... how long will THAT take and can you guess what Amiga Inc.'s scum dodgeball play will be THEN?

2.) Hyperion's "most ambitious project yet". Regardless of what it is, are many of you teetering on "cut'and'run" if things don't improve ASAP?
2.1) What would it take to keep in the Amiga game, if you're close to bailing?
2.2) How much time are you prepared to give things to turn around?

3.) For those that don't own an AmigaOne, MicroAmigaOne, Sam 440EP, why aren't you buying a Sam 440EP? What needs to change/improve before you would get one? Either HW wise or conditions, if you could summarize a bit.

4.) How do you think Hyperion Entertainment feels about NatAmi? (Maybe they'll reply?) How do you look at NatAmi personally? Threat? Bypass Sam for it?? Addition to collection???

5.) At this point in time, do you think Amiga will advance, stay the same, or shrink in 3 years, 5 years?

Hmmmm, I guess it's more like a survey.

I'd guess you all know the answers to those questions that I would give.

Support Amiga Fantasy cases!!!
How to program: 1. Start with lots and lots of 0's. 10. Add 1's, liberally.
"Details for OS 5 will be made public in the fourth quarter of 2007, ..." - Bill McEwen
Whoah!!! He spoke, a bit late.
Go to top
Re: Predictions #1.... May 2009 (Amiga's Future)
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Atheist

In light of recent events, and the fact that Acube has now bought out sam-flex, and Hyperion have coded OS4.1 for PEG 2 users, it would be fair to say this :

The Amiga market, for the time being, may have grown ever so slightly,

The amiga community has now more reasons than ever, to start being creative again, be it ports, games, apps, tools, even just helping out other amigans for their websites, coding, testing etc.

The Amiga will most likely continue to grow atm, until prooven otherwise via a silly courtcase, but knowing Hyperion, they are smart, and I think we still have numerous years left with them,

Infact, I sincerely believe Hyperion will be around for many years to come, for the time being anyway. OS4.2, 4.3, 4.4???? Not sure.

I would dare say, Acube may plan on using another AMCC cpu, allowing us to be placed in the mid range of hardware.

Acube may even be the first to ever bring out an Amiga laptop officially?? Who knows, too early in the game to tell.

SO

As a general summary :

NEw hardware will continue to emerge if all keps sailing as it has

New users or old users who used to use Amiga, will start emerging, and coming back to the platform, especially when the hardware power increases.

Existing users, many will be willing to fork out some cash to support acube and hyperion, for their love of Amiga.

Existing users, MAny are waiting for more powerful hardware before they fork out the cash.

Developers, in recent times, I have noticed that development has started flowing more rapidly than the past few years, so this is a good sign indeed.

Companies, various companies are still supporting the Amiga, and coming out with new software in 2009

Etc, etc, etc. SO

I think Amiga has a bright future this time, provided Hyperion stays ontop of things, and Acube dont do what the makers of the A1 did, go belly up.

Courtesy of SAM440Flex & Amiga OS4.1 only
Flex is 800mhz
A1000 with Classic 520 Amiga OS3.2.1
AmiKit 12
MorphOS PowerBook G4 (which can play youtube vids)

https://blitterwolf.blogspot.com
Go to top

Register To Post