Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
112 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 112

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 3 4 »
OWB Doduo
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Resized ImageA first version of the AmigaOS4 port of OWB Doduo is on my homepage now. Most of the AmigaOS4 addtitions of the OWB Blastoise port are still missing, it's a slow debug build and you should keep OWB Blaistoise for now, but you can use it for testing pages which don't work with OWB Blastoise.

Go to top
Re: OWB Doduo
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@joerg

Thank you for providing a modern browser for the Amiga. It is amazing how fast you work

I hope users appreciate your work by donating.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@joerg

First, thanks for your efforts. I tryed to install it, but I can't launch it: it keeps saying : required object missing, althouth I verifyed that all the .so where in place.

Luca

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@joerg

in fact, snoopdos says it can't find envarc:ELF lazybinding

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Ricossa

Quote:
First, thanks for your efforts. I tryed to install it, but I can't launch it: it keeps saying : required object missing, althouth I verifyed that all the .so where in place.
Unfortunately there is no way to find out which shared object is missing, IIRC using Snoopy doesn't work either. But it's probably libjpeg.so, I though it would have been included in OS4 like libpng12.so, but I just checked it and it isn't.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@joerg

thanks, now it works

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@joerg

now, I write "google.com" and nothing happens. If I resize the window, it becomes "dead" (can't do anything more with the window). I have an A1XE with some 700 Mb ram

L

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@joerg

Quote:
Unfortunately there is no way to find out which shared object is missing,

Which reminds me of what I wanted to change for the update...

Seriously, if you do want to contact me write me a mail. You're more likely to get a reply then.
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Rogue

Can you add some sort of version numbering system in as well? It's impossible to tell which versions the shared objects are, so you can't easily check whether there are newer versions available, and you can't do a usefully copylib in Installer for these files.

Chris

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@joerg

Very very great big THANKS ! This new version (doduo) is better than the old one. Like you said it's slow debug version so it's very slow. But at least it works !

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@joerg

Sadly, it still crashes when trying to visit http://demo.silverstripe.com. When running it from the shell, I get the following message when trying to visit that page:
Quote:
UNIMPLEMENTED:
(/CS/OWB_Doduo/BAL/WKAL/Concretizations/Widgets/SDL/BCFrameSDL.cpp:53 void WebCore::Frame::clearPlatformScriptObjects())

That should give an idea as to where the problem lies.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Chris

What do you mean? You can embed a normal AmigaOS version tag; other than that, the same version methods like on Linux/UNIX work...

Seriously, if you do want to contact me write me a mail. You're more likely to get a reply then.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@joerg

Many thanks for your hard work!

"Ain't Got no cash, Ain't got no style, Ladies vomit when I smile, but does Zoidberg worry?"
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@joerg

Thanks for the update

It works, it loads pages fast but the GrimReaper comes far more often than with the Blastoise one.

Nonetheless, it is really promising

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Thanks for the hard work

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Hans

Quote:
Sadly, it still crashes when trying to visit http://demo.silverstripe.com.
Strange, it doesn't crash here.

Quote:
When running it from the shell, I get the following message when trying to visit that page:
Quote:
UNIMPLEMENTED:
(/CS/OWB_Doduo/BAL/WKAL/Concretizations/Widgets/SDL/BCFrameSDL.cpp:53 void WebCore::Frame::clearPlatformScriptObjects())

That should give an idea as to where the problem lies.
No, it's nothing important and you get a lot of similar debug output for all pages, for example I get that one when using "owb http://google.com/" and quitting OWB.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Thanks for the update. Little slow but it works ok :) Still hotmail dont work but as you said it dont work with opera either.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Rogue

Quote:

Rogue wrote:
What do you mean? You can embed a normal AmigaOS version tag

This needs to be enforced somehow then. Perhaps elf.library could complain if there is no version number? I just scanned my sobjs: directory and only libc.so has a version string. It makes it very tricky to keep everything current!

Certainly the ones included with OS4 could lead by example here.

Quote:
other than that, the same version methods like on Linux/UNIX work...

What methods are they? I hope you don't mean naming them with the version number and creating fs links between differently-named but compatible files?

Chris

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@joerg

Wow, this new version seems to be rock-stable here so far. Sites that didn't work too well seems to work stable and good now. Yes it's very slow, but that was expected. Thanks!

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Kicko

It seems to work with Opera 9.51 wich I use under Debian on my A1. Give it a try maybe?

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 3 4 »