Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
86 user(s) are online (46 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 85

root, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Booting problem X5000
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Anyone else having problem booting with RadeonHD RX560 with AmigaOS4.1FE? I had the same problem with another Radeon card. When i try to boot i often get "No signal". After a couple of attempts it start to boot again. Tried HDMI directly into monitor/TV but also with adapter. Same problem with booth.

Any idea?

AmigaOne X5000
Radeon HD 7700
Go to top
Re: Booting problem X5000
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Is this after loading the kickstart modules or when booting uboot?

A serial debug log is probably needed.

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@Joeled
Are you talking for cold or warm reboot? Because with these cards warm reboot doesn't work.

I have an RX550 and don't have serious issues with booting, although some times is like the card locks and doesn't show any output, and I have to remove the plug from the machine until all the capacitors de-charge and then plug it in again. But that is not so frequent.

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I *sometimes* get a boot failure with my X5000 and RX560. Locks up on the OS 4.1 splash screen (Uboot loads), and requires a reboot. Didn't used to get it with my former 7850HD card, but I'm not sure if it is hardware related or down to 4.1 FE Update 2.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@daveyw

I would be sooooooo grateful if you could catch a serial debug log of those sporadic splash screen lock ups and post them here.

I also get them (randomly and seldom) and for me it's *always* a machine exception coming from my radeonhd (using an x1000 here).

Hans told me there is nothing he can do, once the gfx card is locked and the machine exception happens it's over and only a cold reboot helps.
He also told be it only happens with warm reboots, but that is not true, I get it with warm and cold reboots, but only sporadically.
I rather think it might be missing an init somewhere maybe, because why does it work one time, but not the other?

Anyway, if it's the same exception we might be able to corner some weird bug still present in the driver (when happening on two different hardwares, that is)

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@walkero

I have the exact same issue, but learned to circumvent it.

I refrained from pulling the plug since then (too much wear on the cable and I dont trust the power peak protection in the psu).

I was able to make it boot again, in 8 out of 10 tries, with holding down the reset button for 3 or more seconds.
That, normally, is enough to free all remaining charges...your mileage may vary on this, but it helped me a lot.

It's funny though, that only AmigaOS hardware seems to suffer from this kind of problem, I have yet to find a pc that does it.
Maybe the firmware isn't strict enough with wiping the hardware registers or something.
At least on my x1000 I cannot do a successful reset with the firmware command...I always end up having to manually cold reboot, so there's definitely something wrong or broken.

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@smf
It doesnt load anything just a black window with "No signal".

@Walkero
I m talking cold reboot. If i start my X5000 every morning from scratch i get "No signal". If i open up computer and push a bit on the graphiccard or remove it and then insert it again it may work.

A bit frustrating.....

AmigaOne X5000
Radeon HD 7700
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Joeled

For me a cold boot hang is 100% caused by a faulty ibitiakization of the ram memory (serial shows that it locks up when accessing ram).

Like I write above, keeping the reset button pressed for 3 seconds normally helps.

Then again I'm on x1000 and cfe, so might not really add anything helpful here

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Might be worth looking at the Power supply as a possible cause.
Was having a lot of problems with my Sam460ex at startup also some with the graphics card (Rx 550)at startup until I changed back to the original mini itx power supply that came with the machine .
For some reason the regular ATX connector was not fitting securely . Also the mini itx power supply has a -5V output which the newer power supply does not .

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Raziel
Thanks for the advice on ram memory. I removed one of them and then it booted. I put it back and its still booting. Maybe there is something wrong with them so i might need to buy new ones.

Any recommandations?

AmigaOne X5000
Radeon HD 7700
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Joeled

Ah, might have been a loose or dirty contact.
You probably already "cleaned" it by removing and reseating.

I can't give you advice on x5000 ram modules, dont have that hardware and dobt want to send you down the wrong road.

Great you have the beast back up

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Raziel

Sorry for the late reply, I haven't been using my X5000 in a while. Booted it a few times this week, but didn't get a single lockup.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Joeled

I have corsair 16GB set with the correct speed etc. AFAIK never a memory related problem (at least not major) they were pretty readily available in Swedish/german/Danish net shops conrad, proshop, webhallen, cdon etc. search on prisjakt.nu for memory 8GB sticks in pairs, they were also pretty cheap 900 sek , computersaelg I think

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@daveyw

Great to hear.

If you ever get those pesky boot lockups back, maybe you can catch some serial logs?

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Joeled

I have same problem you have before.
But now me only use one ramslot with one 2gb ramstick in left ramslot.

X5000 and RX580 works fine with one ramstick...as soon use in 2 ramsticks or one ramstick with more than 2gb, problems start..
very strange problem.....
another problem with more than 2gb in my X5000, computer cold boot slower with 4gb ram than 2gb ram

Go to top

Register To Post