Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
150 user(s) are online (119 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 150

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Unstable X5000
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I am guessing Enhancer 1.4 and its many add-ons could be a culprit but can't say for sure.

I have a fairly fresh Amiga OS 4.1FE install on my X5K and did all the Enhancer 1.4 on top of it. Guessing quite a few Amigans do the same since the purchase of the X5K from some dealers comes witg Enhancer. I normally have Candi running.

I seem to get frequent lock-ups when I do the following...

Turn on X5K... launch Wookie or AmIRC, launch AmigaAmp 3.23, and as music starts I grab AmigaAmp window to reposition on my screen, and as I move the app the system freezes. Music still plays but I lose control of doing anything else.... no cursor, nothing. Only a hard reboot takes care of it.

I can get the same thing to happen in TuneNet 2.9 also.

Most the time I use only a few apps after turning on my X. Wookie, Odyssey, and music from either AmigaAmp or TuneNet.

Anyone else experience this kind of issue?

I may do a new install and NOT install Enhancer and see if I can get the same music related crash but before I do so, figured it would not hurt to ask here.

TJ

Edited by AmigaSociety on 2018/12/23 1:02:07
Go to top
Re: Unstable X5000
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
May have answered my own question. Appears to be Wookie that is the culprit for my issue. Was the common app that I always ran.

Testing going well. Switching between AmigaAmp and TuneNet... move all around with Odyssey, AmIRC running. So, if it keeps like this, could be Wookie will finally be over for me. Have used it for years. Only change I can think of is on-board ethernet versus NIC. Had been on NIC until about 2 months ago when the on-board ethernet became available. Switched to on-board and things did get unsettled but got worse. Maybe coincidence. Right now appears Wookie is it and why I would lock up when using these apps in question.

TJ

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
It can be Candy.

At least i find out that when i use candy, i offten end up with loosing of control over system, while music plays, etc. Just cant do anything. Try to disable it firstly. Wookie is not thing to blame probably

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

So far it seems to be fine. I could easily lock things up right away launching AmigaAmp or TuneNet, launching Wookie, launching Odyssey, then moving the music player window elsewhere to the screen. Instant lock up.

Now with AmIRC being used instead of Wookie, no more issues.

So far it seems Wookie has been my issue.

Sure if Candi is an issue, it should come back soon or show other issues. Hopefully not.

TJ

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Candy for sure have issue you describe on hyperions forum, when control looses, and you cant do anything only reboot. It happens often when you start to move busy windowses and clicking on desktop. At least for me

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top

Register To Post