Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
142 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 142

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

How can I get Odyssey to save a displayed image from memory? [SOLVED]
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I recently purchased an HP all-in-one printer with web interface. This lets my scan images from within Odyssey but I CAN NOT save them.

As far as I can tell, Odyssey downloads and displays the image from the printer but when I try to save it, it's trying to download the file again rather than save the copy in memory. This results in an empty file as the image is only in memory and not stored on the printer.

The image is a jpg so I can't tweak the mimetypes to 'save to disk'

I've tried Copy to clipboard but that's a very awkward way to 'save a file'.

Edited by Severin on 2017/8/13 15:08:56
Go to top
Re: How can I get Odyssey to save a displayed image from memory?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Severin

Can't you just hold down RMB on the image to get a context menu and then select "Save Image As" or something like that?

This works with OWB 3.32 at least.

Edit: Actually it seems that it re-downloads the image too judging from the amount of time it takes to save some bigger images.

Edited by salass00 on 2017/8/13 9:51:20
Edited by salass00 on 2017/8/13 9:51:58
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Severin

You can try to right-click, then "open image in new tab" and then try to download to disk

Most webpages, including firmware http pages "frame" those preview images with other stuff, making it impossible to access the correct path of said image.

You need to get it to a site where only the raw image is displayed and can "normally" download it from there.

I do this all the time when i want to rip single images from websites

edit: Another "awkward" way is to dig into the "source" of the page (View/Show Source code...) and try to locate the correct path, not very nice way, but you can always write an arexx script for that

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Raziel

It makes no differance if I open the image in a new window/tab.

BUT!

I saved the page as html to investigare further, opened it in ced and saw loads of lovely random characters with JFIF at the top, rename the file from .html to .jpg and I have what I need.

Thanks for making me delve deeper

Go to top
Re: How can I get Odyssey to save a displayed image from memory? [SOLVED]
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Yes, the Save HTML -label is the sort of thing that is meant to be user-friendly but then the downside...

Go to top

Register To Post