Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
71 user(s) are online (42 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 71

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Odyssey's URL Settings is a mess - here's how to SORT it out!
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
If you open the "Windows > URL Settings..." menu in Odyssey, you get a very useful window, which allows you to set preferences for different websites (like JavaScript & Spoofing).

Unforutnately, once you've added more than (say) 15 websites, this list becomes an unusable mess, as they are shown in the order you added them. But you can temporarily solve this using the following Shell single command to sort this list into alphabetical order:

Quote:
Sort FROM "${AppDir/Odyssey}/Conf/url.prefs" TO "${AppDir/Odyssey}/Conf/url.prefs"

Just make sure to do this while Odyssey is NOT running!

(There are still other usability issues with this window, such as having to manually type the current website's domain name (rather than it auto-filling it for you), but that's something Fab would need to fix... Or possibly one of the clever people who ported Odyssey to OS4.)

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Re: Odyssey's URL Settings is a mess - here's how to SORT it out!
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ChrisH
I can be wrong, but didn't that window are pure mui's List window, in which, you can setup to show it all as you wish by mui settings ? (I mean to sort any entries in any list alphabetically for example, etc).

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Re: Odyssey's URL Settings is a mess - here's how to SORT it out!
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e
There are no titles for the column(s), and so nothing to click on to tell it to sort it. (If there is some other way to tell MUI to sort a list, without editing the program code, I would be interested to know it.)

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top

Register To Post