Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
142 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 142

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

How to improve MPlayer speed, esp on Sam440
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I was trying to help get MPlayer playing YouTube videos better (via SMTube) on someone's Sam440. Even with 360p videos the audio/video was getting out of sync... but eventually I got it working well (audio+video in sync!). In case it helps anyone else, here's some hints as to what I had to do:

First, video has to be set to "p96_pip". (This doesn't, or didn't, work on my X1000, but it does work on the Sam440 with OS4.1FE, and is definitely better than "cgx_wpa".)

Second, although I didn't test it, I suspect setting audio to "ahi" will be better than "ahi_dev". (Again, that doesn't work on my X1000, but does on the Sam440.)

And finally, the magic command line option to run MPlayer with is this:
Quote:
-lavdopts skiploopfilter=all

BTW, to get MPlayer to work at all, you may need some or all of these command line options:
Quote:
-gui 1 -vo p96_pip -ao ahi -autosync 30 -cache 8192

(Some of these might not be needed by MUI-Mplayer, if you set them in it's Settings window.)

An alternative to command line options is to edit MPlayer's "conf/config" file. In that case the "magic" option should appear like this on it's own line:
Quote:
lavdopts=skiploopfilter=all

As well as:
Quote:
autosync=30

If you are using SMTube (recommended), then you need to edit the "SMTube/Amiga/PlayVideo.rexx" file. The command line options should be put into the MPLAYER_OPTIONS line. I don't know why it doesn't come with any sensible options by default, but there you go...

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Re: How to improve MPlayer speed, esp on Sam440
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ChrisH
Thanks Chris. I tested today.

AmigaOne X5000 OS4.1 FEU1 And Lubuntu 10.04
1200 towered with Blizzard PPC - BVision and Mediator
And a new fantastic Chameleon64
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Yes, I already use all these commands since years for MPlayer (and SMTube). But it would be better to improve p96 video output.

Unfortunately only Joerg made a partial (and great) work on this specific topic and never managed to finish it.

skiploopfilters is indeed fast but also ugly with many macroblocs on the videos.

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@K-L Quote:
skiploopfilters is indeed fast but also ugly with many macroblocs on the videos.

Does it? Hmm, I better remove that option from my MPlayer, now that I use X1000... (Then again maybe not - it may allow me to run higher resolution...)

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ChrisH The speed gain is quite small for HD. Maybe it's much bigger for higher amount of pixels.

Go to top

Register To Post