Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
50 user(s) are online (37 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 50

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

OpenAL 1.16.0
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I've uploaded a more or less untested build of OpenAL-soft 1.16.0 here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26599983/openal-soft-1.16.0.7z

If anyone wants to help with testing it that would be great.

I don't know if the shared object is drop-in compatible with the old one. Given the rather big increase in the version number it might not be so I suggest compiling programs specifically with this version for testing.

In order to get it compiling I had to rewrite the AHI backend and I've also replaced the threading code in it so it uses pthreads same as the other backends. Also I had to build a newer gcc cross-compiler as the newer OpenAL code makes use of a feature which is only available in gcc >= 4.3 as a consequence the above binaries are compiled with gcc 4.9.1.

I'd like to know that it works correctly before I replace the version that's currently on OS4Depot.

Go to top
Re: OpenAL 1.16.0
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Nice!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@salass00

Cool

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Nice! AFAIK it should be a drop in replacement, OpenAL updates tend to be incremental. I remember having problems with getting 1.15.1 to work at all, so thanks for including the source :)

This is just like television, only you can see much further.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I just updated the archive because I noticed that I had to missed to add SetRTPriority() to the mixer thread. The mixer thread should now have a higher priority same as in the previous port.

Also afxgroup added some almost triple buffering code into his version of the OpenAL port. I might add something like that here as well but if so it will be without the extra memcpy() that his version had.

Go to top

Register To Post