Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
112 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 111

Skateman, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

DOpus5 gripes
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
This kind of thing really belongs in a DOpus forum, but I can't find one that has been touched in the last year and a half.

I see on Epsilon's blog on the subject that he has been able to get a screen-size picture for wallpaper. But it's not clear (to me) how he did it.

I would be very happy with a background screen that looked like my Workbench screen, but what I get is an ugly tiled background made of small versions of that. I had big hopes of finding out how to fix it in the manual, Chapter 7, The Environment Editor, Display Mode or Display Options, but no soap. I am seriously considering using DOpus as a WB replacement, but not if it is going to look like that!

An minor apparent glitch: if I'm going to be away from the computer for a while, I Shift^F2 to blank the screen. But if DOpus is running on its own screen, behind Workbench, the monitor only stays blanked for a few seconds, so I need to quit DOpus first. At least it reloads very quickly when I come back.

Kilaueabart
A1000 -> A2000 --> AOne XE --> (SAM460ex) & AmigaOne X1000 --> AmigaOne X5000
Go to top
Re: DOpus5 gripes
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Open environment settings/backgrounds, click the ? gadget after the filename of the image you want to change and select display/stretch picture.

Try iconifying Dopus instead of quitting.

Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Severin

Whee! So many things one can do if only one knows how.

I used a backdrop that was already the right size, instead of stretching. And then I found out that I had never changed the background when I switched to a wide-screen monitor. Apparently OS4 made the adjustment for me. I've changed it now and it's slightly different, with Boing ball right above the dockies instead of middle of screen. But maybe I'll start experimenting with other backdrops before it's too late. I suspect I could design my own (.png or .jpg doesn't matter?).

You won't be surprised to learn that Hiding DOpus worked, and I can blank the monitor with Shift^F2. But now I wonder: what would I do if I go DOpus whole hog? Oh, surprise! Shift^F2 just worked from there, while WB was still running in the background!

Thanks. No doubt I'll be back...

Kilaueabart
A1000 -> A2000 --> AOne XE --> (SAM460ex) & AmigaOne X1000 --> AmigaOne X5000
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kilaueabart

Try a program by Peter Gordon on OS4depot called proppercropper, it loads an image and lest you crop and scale to your current workbench size. very easy..

run it
Ramiga-o - open a file
Drag the box around to set what you want
Ramiga-s - scale and save the picture.
Ramiga-q to quit.

Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top

Register To Post