Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
116 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 116

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Upgraded Codebench 0.42 does not start
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hello everybody,

first of all many many thanks for further developing this great peace of software! I relly like to use it!

Unfortunately upgrading my previous Codebench version (latest one available previously before) did not work at all. After finishing the upgrade, soft reboot and trying to start Codebench it opens its own screen (as I set in previous version) but immediatelly claims an error telling me: "Failed to load the ClickTab close image." and only abort is presented. After pressing it two grim reapers occurs which can be ignored but Codebench does not start at all.

Posted below a snoopy excerpt which I captured until the "Failed..." message. I can't make head or tail of it!

I'm using a Peg2 with latest AOS4 beta (all updates provided by AmiUpdate have been installed).

Can somebody please tell me how to get Codebench0.42 up and running again?

Many thanks in advance and

Best Regards

Go to top
Re: Upgraded Codebench 0.42 does not start
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Reth

install a separate copy from scratch, see if that works.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@broadblues

I wonder if that worked? I had upgraded to 0.42 and that was working for a while, but after applying a system update I started getting that error message also.

Valiant@Camelot
AmigaOne XE, 800Mhz, 1GB, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1u7
Sam440ep, 666Mhz, 512Mb, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1u6
A1-X1000, 1.8Ghz, 1GB, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1x
A1-X5000/40 2.2Ghz, 2GB, Radeon HD 7700, OS4.1 FE ud 2
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@Valiant

I am yet to see such behaviour here on my public test machine.

If someone could narrow down why this is happening, I would be grateful.

Basically, the tab images are the cancel, cancel_s and cancel_g in the "images" directory in the CodeBench directory. They can be copied over from a previous install, or from the distribution archive. I have no idea why they are suddenly missing after the update, there is nothing in the installer that removes them.

The worrying part is the "system update" you said you applied before the error happened. Could that have been the png.datatype?

Simon

Comments made in any post are personal opinion, and are in no-way representative of any commercial entity unless specifically stated as such.
----
http://codebench.co.uk
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Rigo

Yes, I copied 'cancel#?' over from my X1000 installation and then I got an error about missing toolbars. I copied those over also and Codebench is working again. I'm sorry I have no idea what happened to those files; I've never directly handled anything that Codebench installed.

As far as system updates go, the last time the png_datatype was updated was back on 2013-6-18 and Codebench worked fine until very recently, at least up through AmiWest in October. The funny thing is AmiUpdate System Rollback shows the last date as 2013-9-29 and I know I've done quite a few updates since then.

Valiant@Camelot
AmigaOne XE, 800Mhz, 1GB, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1u7
Sam440ep, 666Mhz, 512Mb, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1u6
A1-X1000, 1.8Ghz, 1GB, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1x
A1-X5000/40 2.2Ghz, 2GB, Radeon HD 7700, OS4.1 FE ud 2
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi everybody,

sorry for posting such late! I also got a response from my inquiry in the new forum. The suggestion was to copy over the missing images from install archive manually.
That worked fine for me afterwards error messages have disappeared.

Bye

Go to top

Register To Post