Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
101 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 99

kishigo, flash, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
Source code of Timberwolf ?
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Since another boring year passed with (leterally) no news about Timberwolf, since latest version released in September 2012 still totally slow, unusable nor bugfixed, since the official bounty rule say:

Quote:
Source code

The source code of the port will be made available only as far as the MPL requires it, i.e. all modified source code files will be available for interested parties, but new files will not. This is in accordance with the requirements of the Mozilla Public License.

If, after 12 months after the release of a new major version of Firefox, the author(s) of Timberwolf have not released a new version or at least committed to a new version, the source code shall be given to an interested party that can continue development of Timberwolf.

http://www.amigabounty.net/?function=viewproject&projectid=44

Can we obtain the source code so (eventually) others can work on it ?

Go to top
Re: Source code of Timberwolf ?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

samo79 wrote:
Since another boring year passed with (leterally) no news about Timberwolf, since latest version released in September 2012 still totally slow, unusable nor bugfixed, since the official bounty rule say:

Quote:
Source code

The source code of the port will be made available only as far as the MPL requires it, i.e. all modified source code files will be available for interested parties, but new files will not. This is in accordance with the requirements of the Mozilla Public License.

If, after 12 months after the release of a new major version of Firefox, the author(s) of Timberwolf have not released a new version or at least committed to a new version, the source code shall be given to an interested party that can continue development of Timberwolf.

http://www.amigabounty.net/?function=viewproject&projectid=44

Can we obtain the source code so (eventually) others can work on it ?

100% agree

Amiga600/Vampire2/PrismaMegaMix​/32GB CF Card/2x Rys Mk2/A604n/IndivisionECS/Gotek
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Maybe your calendar has fewer months than mine, but I don't see how 12 months is up yet.

How many "major new versions" of Firefox have been released since September last year?

cheers
tony
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Samo

I totally agree with you..

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@samo79

have you tried contacting the friedens directly?

-- eliyahu

"Physical reality is consistent with universal laws. When the laws do not operate, there is no reality. All of this is unreal."
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
A new version of Timberwolf would be nice.

DiscreetFX Studios
http://www.discreetfx.com

Making Your Digital Films More Effective!

AmigaOS 4.1: AmigaOne X5000
MorphOS: Powerbook G4, iBook G4
Classic AmigaOS: CDTV(2), Amiga CD32, Amiga 3000, Vampire V4+: ApollOS, AmigaOS 3.2
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
I think the polite and adult thing to do would be to email the authors directly to discuss things.

Calling people out in public like that is really rude IMHO.

ExecSG Team Lead
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ssolie

you have right, it is a little bit rude, but after a very long time of discussions (in the amiga world), some users have understood that it is better to discuss in public than in private.. and honestly I agree with this policy..

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
Then don't be surprised if you don't get a proper answer. There are plenty of armchair pundits and lawyers that will be only too glad to "discuss" your topic to death, but the end result is just wasted virtual paper...

Comments made in any post are personal opinion, and are in no-way representative of any commercial entity unless specifically stated as such.
----
http://codebench.co.uk
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Ssolie

Quote:
Calling people out in public like that is really rude IMHO.

It was not my intention to be "rude" nor disrespectful with anyone, conversely: i always respected the Friedens bros for all what they do

I'm just stating that more than 1 year passed already and the bounty have a rule, i never pretended the moon but in 365 days they never found 5 minutes just to say atleast a few words for us ?

It seems i also need to remember you that Timberwolf was first announced in 2009, so in total the years are 4 (and we still waiting for an usable release)..

Again it's not a complain or a trolling, it's just a fact

In your personal opinion it's ok to wait years and still waiting for a program and never receive atleast two words regarding updates every now and then ?

I'm ok for waiting but we need atleast some updates, this is also a form of respect for the people, don't you ?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information

Quote:

samo79 wrote:
... in 365 days they never found 5 minutes just to say atleast a few words for us ?

see this topic

Don't go off the deep end. It does not help to exaggerate, especially when you were in on that discussion as of late Jan 2013.

Tom

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Last thing I remember reading is that Timberwolf development needs to wait until OS4 3D drivers are completed. (Gallium?)
Regardless, I don't know why everyone is so impatient.

Sam460 : X1000 : X5000
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Well, I for one am prepared to wait a while...

I know how little time I have for my own projects so I decided to make the sources public.

As for TimberWolf... I would be glad to see any publishable material ... or even a small comment but that is not required.

Considering the amount of negative feedback a lot of devs get for posting comments at all I would be surprised if the freidens actually commented or replied.

I personally don't give a damm anymore what anyone says negatively at me... it can all go to the trashcan/bitbucket /dev/nul or whatever the eqiuvalent is...

I'll plod along until I get a result I am happy with.

too many cats trying to herd this community towards their own personal dreams.

No wonder the community is fractured.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@tbreeden

Quote:
Don't go off the deep end. It does not help to exaggerate, especially when you were in on that discussion as of late Jan 2013

Yeah i completely forgot that, then it was 6 months ago ..

@belxjander

Quote:
Considering the amount of negative feedback a lot of devs get for posting comments at all I would be surprised if the freidens actually commented or replied.

Who and when we wrote any type of negative feedback on Amigans.net ?
Personally i talk everydays with any type of OS4 developer and i never had any problem with any of them, so this is not the case

As usual when a thing was released or just announced we are/was always ready to help, report bugs and so on, as normal users all we can do is that ..

Negative feedbacks comes only when things are done wrong, i don't mean "done wrong" in technical way of course, but when things will be announced and then still frozen for centuries for no apparent reason, then you discover that they are doing another 1000 things without having done the first one, an example..

That's the story, aniway i'll stop on this ..

@moderators

Fell free to close the thead if you think so

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Samo, the problem is that you want Firefox, other people wants Gallium, other Libreoffice, other wants OS4 to be improved.. and the time? The amiga land is a small piece of world. as i told many times i think that in this actual state 100% of amiga land users should become a developer.. but i know very well that is not possible.. so please don't ask things that should never happens..

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:
Samo, the problem is that you want Firefox, other people wants Gallium, other Libreoffice, other wants OS4 to be improved.. and the time?

But Andrea, did you ask yourself why people ask for Firefox, Gallium and then also LibreOffice ?

They wait any of them just because all that project was announced right ? .. and if that is true way all that kind of (big) projects was announced and then started all togheter when still pretty clear that there aren't the necessary means to carry them out all together ?

LibreOffice was so necessary when you need to complete Timberwolf first and even more all the other important components of the OS ?

I don't think so, normal behaviour in any normal world should be announce a project and then try to complete it, then after that (and only after that) start something else ..

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ samo79

I'm also very eager to get the full FireFox running but alas if our bros don't do it then who will ? Full 3d support & TimberWolf we will have eventually I'm sure but ya waiting is a bitch for us users for sure

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@328gts

Don't know, no need for them to pass the buck completely imho, while they still busy they eventually open the source to others, project is complex but (for example) atleast some bugs can be fixed in meantime

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
It is the same old story.. to many projects in the hands of two people.. and as Samo said, too many announcements when the projects are not even started..

Go to top
Anonymous

Well, patience is indeed a virtue

New given promise is:

Quote:
If all goes well, and nothing bad happens, I should be back on it before the end of the year.

So we should wait for end of year.

Surely, Gallium could speed up browser rendering, and as far as I remember, Frieden brothers promised to change it from FF4 to FF16 or FF20, so it will be more then just a final version of Firefox 4.0 (as it started).

Hope waiting will result in usable, fast and nice browsing experience.

Well, it will indeed be a nice day once we get all 3 done

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 »