Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
130 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 130

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Frontend for DOSBox?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I really like to play games on my AmigaOne 500 and Dosbox is really great but would it be possible to port a frontend to use with it? A game launcher that makes it easy to launch whatever dosboxgame you choose to play. If it offers some info about the game or some screenshots its great too.

I found a list with some frontends and there are some open sourced ones there. Maybe there are more or better ones? Anyone here using Dosbox who feels the same?

http://www.dosbox.com/wiki/DOSBoxFrontends

GR-lida
Resized Image

Go to top
Re: Frontend for DOSBox?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
What's the point of porting... to be any good it'd have to use something like MUI or Reaction. MUI would actually be best since then it could work for all the flavors (all of them already have DOSBox).

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:
What's the point of porting... to be any good it'd have to use something like MUI or Reaction. MUI would actually be best since then it could work for all the flavors (all of them already have DOSBox).

No point at all if you can fix it some other way. What did you have in mind?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I have already given all thought I have on this. I just have a bunch of config files for DOSBox (like everybody else?).

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Yes, i guess thats the way it is.

AmigaOne X5000
Radeon HD 7700
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Thematic Quote:
What's the point of porting... to be any good it'd have to use something like MUI or Reaction.

I agree... up to a point. But a "native Amiga program" can take more effort than a port, and perhaps no-one has the time to do it that way (at the moment), so if someone can take the time do a 'quick port' then why not?

I tend to view 'quick ports' as "stop-gap" solutions, not the desired final result.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I was wondering these same things little while ago:
@AW

- Kimmo
--------------------------PowerPC-Advantage------------------------
"PowerPC Operating Systems can use a microkernel architecture with all it�s advantages yet without the cost of slow context switches." - N. Blachford
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kimmo
I sent you a pm.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Does anyone know any abondoned frontend we could use for adding and starting dosboxgames? Maybe there are somebody who is interested in writing a simple frontend? I was hoping for iGame but i dont get any answer from him so i guess he is not interested or doesnt have any time.

We already have ChrisH excellent program RunInDOSBox were we now can start games without starting Dosbox and then mount the games.RunInDOSBox
I would like to have a simple program were i can add games to a list and then doubleclick on it and it starts the game using RunInDOSBox and Dosbox.

Any suggestions?

iGame
Resized Image

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@joeled

The first picture seems ok. A bit too much info for me.Probably not so portable i think. I think i might have used dosbox a bit more if we had such "starter".

X5000
Go to top

Register To Post