Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
151 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 150

daveyw, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Latest OWB & NetSurf looking good
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
The latest versions of both OWB (v3.25) and NetSurf (v2.5) seem really quite stable on OS4. A bit odd that they were both released with about a week of each other, but I'm not complaining

They both also start fast & scroll fast, so I really don't see a need for the aging IBrowse now.

P.S. I'm sure that *someone* still has problems on some site or other, but I think now is the time to start adding new features. (NetSurf is a bit ahead of OWB in this area, but I guess that wouldn't take much to change.)

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Re: Latest OWB & NetSurf looking good
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ChrisH

Yes,they are getting better and better. Only download manager and flash/html5 support missing. Then you have a really nice browser.

X5000
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Antique

NetSurf have download manager :) It's of course not very powerfull, but still, progress bar and alt. But if you mean OWB only, then yes .. download manager are must.

I am in high interest to try TimberWolf. I think it will be released pretty soon (because of update2, which are must to have for running TF).

Pretty interesting to see scroll speed, rendering speed and general look :)

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

I forgot about netsurf. Was mainly commenting on owb.

Saw the dl manager for netsurf, Should be quite easy to fix that to a more advanced manager i think.

X5000
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Antique

Quote:
Yes,they are getting better and better. Only download manager and flash/html5 support missing. Then you have a really nice browser.
Flash and HTML5 video are handled by external components, not by the browser itself. If someone else ports them to AmigaOS 4.x it's no problem at all to use them in OWB, but I don't have the time to do these ports myself.
At least for flash it's of course the same with TimberWolf, as long as nobody ports libgnashplugin.so to AmigaOS 4.x TimberWolf can't display flash either.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Antique

Quote:
Saw the dl manager for netsurf, Should be quite easy to fix that to a more advanced manager i think.

Contributions welcome

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ChrisH

ya really is great but I'm looking forward to TimberWolf as IceWeasel under Debian is solid so hopefully TimberWolf will be the same

mancave-ramblings

Go to top

Register To Post