Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
100 user(s) are online (54 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 99

samo79, more...

Headlines

Register To PostTopic is Locked  

ram_disklibtiff.lha
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Please rename ram_disklibtiff.lha to libtiff.lha, as apparently OS4Depot decided that the entire path and filename was the filename after it had removed the path separator.

I now have another reason to avoid uploading to OS4Depot for my collection of reasons the next time I'm inevitably asked...

Go to top
Re: ram_disklibtiff.lha
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Chris

Why the negativity? I had no problems with the uploading of files. Why do you get so angry when you make a mistake?

Quote:

Chris wrote:

I now have another reason to avoid uploading to OS4Depot for my collection of reasons the next time I'm inevitably asked...

X5000
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Chris

Quote:

Resized Image

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Antique

To be fair, I don't normally have problems, I'm not sure what went wrong but it's hardly my mistake when I don't get to type the filename in manually, is it?

FTP is so much easier and if OS4Depot ever gains FTP upload support so I can just issue a couple of copy commands to do both Aminet and OS4Depot at the same time, I wouldn't be so grumpy about it. It's just too much hassle to upload stuff to the depot. I hate HTML upload forms.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Chris

Which browser did you use to upload? No browser should ever send the local file path to the server - only the filename. In fact, doing so would generally be considered a security flaw.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Futaura

Quote:
Which browser did you use to upload? No browser should ever send the local file path to the server - only the filename. In fact, doing so would generally be considered a security flaw.

Probably OWB (or maybe Netsurf?). For me it only happens with OWB if you upload a file that's in the root of the disk so probably it (the browser) doesn't recognise that in AmigaOS ':' is also used as a path separator in addition to '/'.

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@Chris

Sounds more like you uploaded with a crappy web browser.

The apache webserver uses the data and strings that is delivered from the client. There isn't any magic apache option to 'use the local path and add underscores to it' on the server side.

Million upon millions of people in this world have no problems uploading files using a web interface so I'll just sort this down to yet another 'grumpy amiga user' issue that I and the rest of the world just don't care about.

I suggest you go and have your tiring never ending anti os4depot crusade somewhere else, thread closed.

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top

Register To PostTopic is Locked