Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
103 user(s) are online (53 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 103

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

How to get the best quality sound out of Tunenet?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I want the best quality sound on Tunenet on OS4.1 with Sam440ep-667, without tying up audio resources.. so I can still hear chat and email alerts... what settings do I need in AHI, Mixer, and Tunenet?

It sounds a little bit not great at the moment.......

Does Tunenet sound settings take effect as soon as you change them, or do you need a restart?

Go to top
Re: How to get the best quality sound out of Tunenet?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@jahc

Hi Jahc,

I use AHI Device mode 0. You will not require a restart to swap audio modes!

I use 44.1Khz as the base frequency in the Play/Rec tab (within TuneNet).

On the AHI prefs from Workbench I have set the "Device 0" to be a "Stereo++ HiFi mode" with 16 channels at 44.1Khz I think (Max Volume setting on there as well)

The next version of TuneNet removes incorrect handling of replay gain when using the LibMad mpega library. This makes things sound louder.

Also the last beta version of TuneNet V0.86.66 on the TuneNet download page includes a volume boost over previous versions.

(If most of your MP3's are mostly at 48Khz, then change all the above to 48Khz to get the best sound mixing)

What seems to be the problem with the sound exactly?

Cheers,
Bean.

OS4.1 + an A1XE with an appetite for batteries!
Go to top
Re: How to get the best quality sound out of Tunenet?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@bean

Yikes, i was using the ancient TuneNet 0.8652 off os4depot.net! I just grabbed the latest beta off your page, and I'll have a proper blast tomorrow, its 3am here. :)

Go to top

Register To Post