Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
120 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 119

joerg, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Always goes to UBoot prefs
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I am really using my AmigaONE a lot at the moment. Been away for a while, but now I am back... Unplugged the mac and all...

Something strange, though.

Ever since the final update my AmigaOne goes directly to the uboot prefs (Not in Workbench) when I turn it on. Then I have to exit and only then does it starts to load OS4.

Why? And how do I stop it?

MicroA1 - 800Mhz G3, 512MB
A1200 - 50Mhz 030, 16MB
CD32
Go to top
Re: Always goes to UBoot prefs
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Skov

Have you checked your user-startup script, or WBstartup drawer?

Peter Swallow

Eyetech A1XE-G3 800Mhz OS4.1
Towered A1200 OS3.9
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Swoop

I don't think it's a workbench issue.

The Uboot comes up a few seconds after I turn on the machine.

It's not when Workbench is up and running. I am talking about the Uboot prefs that look like ms-dos...

A1200 - 50Mhz 030, 16MB
CD32
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Skov

At the UBoot prefs press Esc and select "enter UBoot shell". At the shell prompt enter printenv. Press cursor-down quickly to stop the scrolling list. Check if there is a variable called menuboot_delay and if it is set to 0.

If it is 0, enter setenv menuboot_delay 3 or any other number of seconds. Then enter saveenv and reset.

Now you should see a progress bar which allows you to enter the UBoot prefs by a key press. When the delay is over, it should boot without entering the menu.

Bye,
Thomas

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@thomas

Thanks, I will try that!

A1200 - 50Mhz 030, 16MB
CD32
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@thomas

Succes!!! Thanks, Thomas!

Now, I have 20 seconds delay before OS4 boot unless I press enter. Can I lower that as well?

A1200 - 50Mhz 030, 16MB
CD32
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Skov

Quote:

Skov wrote:
@thomas

Succes!!! Thanks, Thomas!

Now, I have 20 seconds delay before OS4 boot unless I press enter. Can I lower that as well?

I assume you didn't set the menuboot_delay variable to 20.

There is another "delay" variable, but I don't remember the exact name.

You might want to run the nvgetvar command in a shell (once you're booted, of course) and redirect its output to a file, then post the contents here.

nvgetvar with no argument lists all your defined UBoot variables with their values.

It might be easier to help if wee see the whole set.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Skov

I guess the easiest thing to do is to start the UBoot prefs program from Workbench (Prefs/UBoot) and change the "Boota" value to your liking (under the "Boot" tab).
The value can also be changed if you enter the UBoot menu during startup, but I don't remember the exact location right now.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@nbache

No, I didn't...

Everything is fine with Uboot now. I have a three seconds chance to enter the menu if I want.

Then it goes to a screen, where I can choose OS4. It counts down from 20 and then boots. I can just press enter and it boots right away.

Before the final update I could also choose OS4 - debug and one or two others. Now, I only have OS4, so it should be possible to bypass this selection.

I will post the thing you asked for tomorrow. I have a day off, so there will be plenty of time for the Amiga!

A1200 - 50Mhz 030, 16MB
CD32
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Skov

Right, that would be the bootdelay which is apparently set to 20 in your UBoot. You can just do a "setenv bootdelay 1" followed by a "saveenv" at the UBoot prompt, or you can mess about with prefs or menus if you prefer.

I guess you could also set it to 0 so you don't see the bootmenu at all, but I'd suggest keeping it at 1, as it is much easier if some day you should get the idea of creating another Kickstart configuration.

Mine is set to 3 (as is my menuboot_delay). But then I do have 8 choices in my bootmenu ...

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@nbache

Tak, Niels!

A1200 - 50Mhz 030, 16MB
CD32