Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
105 user(s) are online (52 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 105

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Doom Sigil
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
The last few hours, the new megawad from Romero himself, is avalable to buy, and in a few days it will be free. It is called Sigil, and I bought it today. (https://www.romerogames.ie/si6il)

Tried to play that on AmigaOS4 doom engine ports.

- chocolate-doom 2.2.0 starts playing it, but collapses after a few seconds with the following error
Z_Mallocfailed on allocation of 15265360 bytes

I tried to increase stack, but didn't make any change.

- prBoomGL loads it but the graphics are distorted

- Odamex gives me the following error, which I found there is a bug with that old version
LANGUAGE had 28484 strings.
This version of ZDoom expects it to have 575.

Is anyone working in a latest version of chocolate Doom, or on a different port? It would be nice to have that WAD playable in our machines.

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Re: Doom Sigil
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@walkero

When released I will try on PrBoom Plus ...
Still, it would be nice to have an updated version of Chocolate Doom as it seems pretty compatible with all official wads out there

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
I managed to have it working with prBoomPlus 2.5.1.3 by HunoPPC. I used the following command

prboom-plus -iwad DOOM.WAD -file SIGIL.wad SIGIL_COMPAT.wad

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Are you supposed to have both files on the command line? The wad files are roughly the same size. The notes seem to imply the _COMPAT version is an alternative to the main one, for stricter ports. I haven't tried it myself yet.

Edit: Yeah other forum posts just show only _COMPAT. Apparently listing Chocolate Doom in the notes was a mistake, and SIGIL isn't compatible with it: https://www.resetera.com/threads/john- ... edition-also.86203/page-4

Go to top

Register To Post