Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
93 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 93

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: (Working) KVM Switch anyone?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@HansQuote:
Try plugging the KVM into a different USB port. My X1000 is plugged into a 4-port ATEN DVI KVM, and it works well. I found that it works fine if I plug it in to any USB port apart from the first one. I bought a cheap keyboard to plug into the first port so that I can still use CFE's early start menu.

Hans

Hi,
yes thanks for the hint. As I already wrote on my previous post, that works, but I dislike the idea of having two keyboards connected.
When I was using Linux on the X1k the KVM was more or less useless, as I could use synergy when the OS had booted and for everything else the 2nd keyboard was needed anyway to choose which OS should be booted.

Now the X1000 has become an AmigaOS4 only machine. So the problem is kind of solved.

What I would love to have was a Synergy Client for OS4 or MKShare to understand it's protocol.

The best KVM I could find so far is the StarTech SV431 with DDM, the OS was definitely more stable, as this model prevented the USB stack having to recognise the Keyboard and Mouse anew each time I switched, which somehow made my system a little more unstable.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)