Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
117 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 114

flash, walkero, Magic, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Video grabber compatible with Indivision
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Hi guys!

I'm looking for a video capture device (preferably external, record to PC-via-USB or to USB-stick) which works with the DVI output of my A1200's Indivision MK2 (latest (neverthelesss antique) core) and which also swallows rather "exotic" resolutions (not just 1920x1080 or 1280x720).
I already tried the following and they just don't work:

- Hauppauge HD PVR Rocket
- Elgato Game Capture HD60

No idea what's so special / wrong about the Indivision but I cannot even record std. resolutions (sometimes at least the Hauppauge eventually manages to loop through the signal to the monitor, but still fails to record).
All those devices have HDMI input, which is why I use a DVI-to-HDMI cable to connect the Amiga. Should be 100% unproblematic, of course (and the TV has no problems).
So far the only thing that worked was a Composite-to-HDMI converter, stuffed into the Hauppauge. But the result is of course not really satisfying

Can somebody recommend a working device? Or did anybody come up with special parameter tweaks for the Indivision?

Thanks & cheers,
Daniel

Edited by Daytona675x on 2019/5/15 13:04:35
Edited by Daytona675x on 2019/5/15 13:07:06
Go to top
Re: Video grabber compatible with Indivision
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
check out this discussion

http://www.amigans.net/modules/xforum ... id=112123#forumpost112123

i haven't tested with A1200's Indivision MK2 as of yet..
i still have it.. but haven't fired up A1200 in a while..

maybe it's time.. no promises

Sam460ex 2GB 120Gb SSD&1Tb HD7750 Envy24HT A-Eon Drv 2.10+Warp3D New Uboot
Apollo v4 Standalone
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@noXLar
Thanks! Unfortunately in my case the info there doesn't help: both of my video grabbers mentioned above work well with my AOS4 machines and actually with anything that's not an Indivision
Would be really great if you could check out your devices with your Indivision

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Daytona675x

i guess i own you that.. you done so much for the amiga.. i will try to test it out for you later today, and maybe it can be useful for others that searches for one solution that "just" works:)

Sam460ex 2GB 120Gb SSD&1Tb HD7750 Envy24HT A-Eon Drv 2.10+Warp3D New Uboot
Apollo v4 Standalone
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Daytona675x

If the Indivision outputs some exotic frequencies, maybe you first need a good signal-converter fromVGA/DVI to HDMI ?

Something like this: https://www.aten.com/global/en/product ... iovideo/converters/vc182/

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Sorry for the late reply.

@noXLar
Although you apparently tend to friendly overstate my deeds and although you certainly don't owe me anything, I'd still be very happy if you could give it a try to rule in/out more devices

@benny
It should work without sth. like that. The Indivision should spit out a digital signal that shouldn't require further conversion. And to its defense: my TVs swallow all of its outputs if connected via a simple DVI->HDMI cable. Only all my video-grabbers fail. As if there was some subtle "incompatibility" with the signal which the TVs just tolerate.
That converter-scaler you linked to looks like a nice device nevertheless

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Hi guys, finally I found a nice solution. Well, a solution yes, but without the Indivision MK2
By coincidence I read this article here and was lucky to get one of those devices (the one behind the link is now a different device!).
So I ended up taking a good RGB-to-SCART cable incl. audio, put the SCART output into that "HD Video Converter SCART/HDMI to HDMI", then put the HDMI out into the Hauppauge HD PVR Rocket and its HDMI out into the TV, voila
And as an additional gimmick the audio out is being looped through so you can also easily connect everything to your stereo too!
The SCART-HDMI conversion is pretty good actually, especially for 25 €, more than good enough for playing and recording games IMHO. Of course not as crisp as the Indivison's DVI output, but a good bang for the buck!
I recorded a SWIV session for testing (apparently my shmup capabilities are a bit rusty ).

EDIT: I totally forgot that this converter has a HDMI input too... So it's also a HDMI-to-HDMI converter.
And heureka: this actually promotes the somewhat broken Indivision signal to sth. which the video-recorder can swallow. Actually I'm quite happy with the SCART result but the Indivision's output super sharp and you can also get that quite decent scanline effect. You have to use the grabber's mic-in for audio though (the converter has no extra audio input).

Edited by Daytona675x on 2019/7/14 12:36:12
Go to top

Register To Post