Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
107 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 106

TheMagicSN, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
Dopus 5.92 betatest
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@All
I want to made another release of dopus5, as since 5.91 version we made good progress with bug-fixing and some new things added. Most of hardcore work was done by Xenic for os3/os4 version, and by Itix for MorphOS version.

That mean all that work collecting dust for last 3 years, and as there was good bunch of fixes i think its time to made a proper 5.92 release.

So, everyone who have time and interest, plz give a go to test latest beta version of latest commit we has, just to be sure we didn't broke anything since 5.91.

There is link on djbase's mirror of last beta builds from where you can grab version you want to test:

http://dopus5.amigaworld.de/

Thanks !

Go to top
Re: Dopus 5.92 betatest
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Great news! Thanks a lot for resurrecting this project!
I will gladly test the OS3 version.
Thanks again.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@AmiKit
Its not it resureccting , just i clean all the bits on main page, as well as want to made a release of what was done few years ago and just collecting dust.

I have some plan to find someone (maybe one from those ones who works on it before too) and on payment deal fix/add some things, but that just a plan at moment.

Edited by kas1e on 2019/5/6 14:56:58
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I'm using a build from 27.05.2016 is there a newer one available?

I still have the OS4 debug archive for 27.05.1016 if anyone wants it and there aren't any newer versions..

Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Severin
Its the same as builded at 24-03-2016 as well, its latest changes, rev1124.

So if you on it since long time it mean that os4 version didnt broke anything since public 5.91 release, good!

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I've been using it daily since 28.05.2016. my only minor problems are things like lack of mousewheel support in settings and filetypes etc. and no png support for toolbars so I can use AISS.

Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Cool, thanks!
I haven't upgraded Dopus5 ever I think. So I probably use 5.91.

What's new/fixed in 5.92?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Deniil
Quote:

What's new/fixed in 5.92?

Not that much, but there is:

- all: Added copying of directory dates when Environment/Copy settings have 'DateStamp' selected. Dopus5 can now copy directory dates in addition to file dates.

- all: Added default directory (Dopus5:) to configopus filetype editor icon requester and conversion of relative paths to absolute paths in configopus filetype editor. That fixes the problem of a user accidently saving a relative icon path that will not be found by the Dopus5 program.

- os4: Fixed standard drag routine so it no longer crashes on debug kernel (so bug general, just catched on os4 , so fix fits for all platforms).

- os4: Fixed illegal memory access by a removed list node that caused an OS4 DSI crash with the OS4.1FE debug kernel when using functions like Copy or Parent (so also general and also fits for all platforms).

- os4: Fixed illegal memory access when Dopus5 is quit while a xadopus window is open or if the lister that a xadopus lister is started from is closed before the xadopus window is closed (also fits for all platforms).

- all: New catalogs: German, Dutch, Italian, Hungarian, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish, Norwegian and Greek.

And bunch of morphos only fixes to make first release for morphos version (which isn't fully done at moment sadly):

- mos: crash in configopus.module when choice palette (palette slider which was not trapped)
- mos: dont execute WBStartup if Ambient is running
- mos: read.module: added mouse wheel support
- mos: add proper PNG icons support in MorphOS
- mos: added selection effect (same as Ambient default)

Edited by kas1e on 2019/5/17 8:59:42
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Severin
Found new issue today about working with USB sticks from dopus5, possible it related to x5000 only, but maybe not.. Can you check plz if you can reproduce this one on your setup:

https://sourceforge.net/p/dopus5allamigas/bugs/63/

thanks

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Tried here on my X1000 and no problems after around 20 tests using a 128GB FAT formatted USB Stick.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Severin
Which version of dos.library you have ? I go through all versions of dos.library.kmod on x5000 : started from original one comes with installation CD (53.158) , and ended up with very latest beta , all bring same issues.

@All
Anyone using dopus5 and x5000 can check this issue ?

Edited by kas1e on 2019/5/20 11:09:23
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

Tried here also on an X1000 and have also no problems like Severin.
dos.library 53.158 (21.09.2015)

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

I'm using the latest beta.

As it seems to be all versions for you then there's not much point testing all here. I suspect it's a memory alignment problem with pre existing rubbish filling the rest of the 64 bits (probably) alotted space when only 32 have been written or the over enthusiastic memcopy routines on the X5000.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Severin
Maybe, but that didnt explain why it happens with usb stick only.

Still need someone with x5000 to test it, to be sure..

@All
Anione with x5000 who can made that test in question ?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Posted it in the OS4Welt forum, maybe there is someone with an X5000 who can help.

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@kas1e
I tested on my X5000/40 and I couldn't reproduce the problems as are described at https://sourceforge.net/p/dopus5allamigas/bugs/63/

The only thing that I saw is that the images open in Workbench screen, but the texts open in DOpus screen.

Tried two different USBs FAT32 formatted. Also, tried multiple different txt and jpg/png files.

I have dos v54.87

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

I could not reproduce your problem. Tested on X5000/20 with quite a lot of files without a filetype but with only one USB stick.
I have dos 51.158.

Great with Dopus 5.82 btw! i was using 5.81 up until now for some reason.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all
That strange .. dunno , maybe it related to which files is used exactly.. but then, that happens _only_ from USB stick, and as i can see, not from all the places. I.e. , let's say in one directory i have some .txt file, which cause that. Then if i copy that file somewhere else one the same usb stick, then, not crash. But if i use it from original place, then crash is here..

Triing to understand what common there .. But sure there some bug somewhere..

EDIT: Omg ! IT happens even with Filler, just a bit differently. Interesting.. But that probabaly ruled out Dopus5 then.

With Filler it says:

Invalid object lock

Process: "WbRun"
Function: "UnLock()"

And then no DSI, just busy loop (which maybe crash as well, which flooding serial and cause that busy loop).

Probabaly it can be some issue with masstorage.device, or fat filesystem code, or so..

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Walkero
Quote:

The only thing that I saw is that the images open in Workbench screen, but the texts open in DOpus screen.

It is only matter of default settings for filetypes: go to Settings/Filetype menu, there choice Picture, then there double-click on "double-click" entry, you will have new window spawn, in which will be : AmigaDOS Multiview {f}.

You need to change that on Multiview {f} pubscreen {Qs} , and it will open images on the cloneds dopus5 screen, but not on workbench one.

Probabaly i need to make it like this be default for dopus5 releases for all oses : for "replaced" version it will cause no differences, but for "cloned" one it will works better.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

Selecting a random .mp4 file on my Amiga gives the Dopus 5 'filetype sniffer'. Then button 'edit' gives a:

Guru 80000003,
Crash occured on Filetype.module at address 0x7ffd57c4
Redzone was not damaged
Stackpointer is inside bounds.

Dopus5_92_dev_os4_debug.lha on OS4.1 update1, AmigaOne X1000.

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 »