Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
119 user(s) are online (51 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 118

amigait, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Window width > screen width ?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Is it correct that I may not have a window that is wider than the screen? If I drag a window to the left and out, I can't extend it to the right hand side. It didn't matter whether I activate easy dragging outside the screen in "GUI" or press shift to do it.

Go to top
Re: Window width > screen width ?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I found out it is incorrect. But I noticed two MUI applications didn't allow a wide window, AmigaShell did. When the shell window was overwide, moving it went super sluggish. That is with hardware compositing and about 90 MB VRAM available.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Thematic

On AmigaOS you can't have a window wider than the screen ... until recently.

The 3.1.4 version of intuition.library will let you do it and so does AmigaOS 4.x.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Thematic

Quote:

I found out it is incorrect. But I noticed two MUI applications didn't allow a wide window, AmigaShell did.

Yes indeed you can have a window that is wider thn the screen.

Quote:

When the shell window was overwide, moving it went super sluggish. That is with hardware compositing and about 90 MB VRAM available.

You probably increased the windows bitmaps width to wider than the limit for hardware compositing. (which varies from card to card) .

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@broadblues

Then I'm guessing the compositing limit is 1920 wide in my case (newshell command doesn't seem to do this, or I do not know about it, so it's set manually).

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Thematic

It's probably 2048 (2k), but window bitmaps are a bit larger than the window size (allowing for shadows etc) so the practical limit for screen and window size is a bit less than that.

On my SAM with a R9250 card I can in principle just get a HD (1920x1080) screen (though I have a older 1280 sized monitor so don't try) so the practical limit is probably just alittle more than 1920 thus only a small increase in window size from the HD screen width will hit that limit.

Go to top

Register To Post