Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
89 user(s) are online (44 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 89

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Cant write to a partition on my X5000's hard drive.
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I've got a 'Work' partition on my hard drive which I've been using since I put my X5000 system together.
But today when trying to make a new drawer I got a 'Error :1060' I then found out that I cant save anything to that partition but I can delete files.

It was working fine yesterday. Its using the NGFilesystem and the State is set to read-/writeable.
The other partitions are working.

I've got everything backed up but before I format the partition and start again I wondered if anybody new anything to check first.

AmigaOne X5000
Go to top
Re: Cant write to a partition on my X5000's hard drive.
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Welcome aboard !

got corruption too with NGFS (keep in mind it is still in beta, but it is the official FS for the X-5000, go figure !)

switched to SFS2 and got corruption too so now I donty know what FS to use.

sure you can backup but what FS to use for the backup HD/partition ? it is chicken and egg

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@eroom

You should have the check/repair command "NGFCheck" in C:. I suggest you enter a command like this:

NGFCheck Work: list

It will check the whole partition for you and print out a list of all the errors it finds. There may be some that you prefer to repair yourself and some that NGFCheck can be left to repair automatically.

NGFCheck has docs in Documentation/C/. Use Multiview or your favourite reader to display them.

Please tell me the version of NGFileSystem you have there. I can't be sure any more which was released at that time. I can then tell you what "Error 1060" means (the actual error value may have changed since then). Just enter "version full NGFileSystem" in a Shell.

Note that the version of NGFileSystem distributed with the X-5000 OS is well out of date. It was released as the only alternative to FFS (at the time). The current version is much more advanced and I hope it will be released one day soon.

cheers
tony
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Lio

Yeah I thought it might be something to do with that. It’s not a major problem for me as everything is backed up. I’ll reformat tomorrow and put everything back and see how long it lasts.

Hope their continuing to work on the ngfs.

Thanks for the reply.

AmigaOne X5000
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@tonyw

Thanks tonyw for the info. I’ll try all that tomorrow and report back.

Cheers.

AmigaOne X5000
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@tonyw

Ran NGFcheck and it found errors so then ran it with the repair option and it worked !.
I can now save to the partition again. Thanks tonyw you've saved me a couple of days formatting and copying everything over from the backup.

Also the version number is 54.34 (09/11/2016)

Cheers.

AmigaOne X5000
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@eroom

Good to hear and know that NGFS has some robust tools!

Can I ask if this was an SSD?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@daveyw

No ssd, just a normal mechanical hard drive. Been thinking of upgrading to an ssd though.

Cheers.

AmigaOne X5000
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@eroom

Hey, glad it solved your problem.

cheers
tony
Go to top

Register To Post