Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
97 user(s) are online (46 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 97

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

OFFICIAL AmigaOS 3.1.4 ready to buy NOW!
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
This from bubbob42 over at EAB:

It's done - you can now buy AmigaOS 3.1.4.

This product is based on OS3.1, but many components are more advanced than their OS 3.9 counterparts. More than 200 bugs have been fixed. Support for large media has been integrated into the system--no more hassle with small boot partitions. We'll post more details in the days to come.

The system is sold as digital download for now. The package includes ADF of the classic six OS disks and a model-specific module disk. The latter allows for installation of 3.1.4 together with older V40.x Commodore, AmigaTechnologies or Hyperion ROMs. We didn't test Cloanto ROMs, but they might work.

In the package you'll also find two variants of ROM-images: .bin-format files for those who'd like to burn the ROM(s) themselves and also a single ROMImage file, which can be used with MapROM or emulation. The latter is needed for Vampire cards as well. If you're using the ROM, you won't need the module disk at all.

On the disks you'll also find an upgraded intuition.library (V45). It's currently not CyberGfx-compatible, though we tried our best. You can activate it using LoadModule and it allows you to move windows across the screen's borders.

After some delay you'll be able to buy a bundle containing a physical ROM and a set of disks from dealers. This will always include the digital download.

You'll need different bundles for A500/A600/A2000 or A1200, A3000, A4000D and A4000T.

We recommend the A1200 bundle for Vampire owners. Please note that Hyperion cannot offer any support when using the OS with the Vampire, since it's a system evolving constantly. Please check the ApolloTeam website for more information. I'd like to emphasize that we had a very productive and pleasant cooperation.

The system requirements: 68000, 2MB of RAM.

A new and exclusive icon GlowIcon set done by Masion is included on the storage disk. We'll supply more icons in this style later. By default, reworked classic icons with four colours will be installed.

Buy it here:

http://hyperion-entertainment.biz/ind ... downloads/188-amigaos-314

Attached are few screenshots - we hope you'll enjoy the product!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name: 002.png Views: 882 Size: 22.7 KB ID: 60060 Click image for larger version Name: 004.png Views: 839 Size: 26.0 KB ID: 60061 Click image for larger version Name: 005.png Views: 875 Size: 31.5 KB ID: 60062 Click image for larger version Name: Install3_1_4_003.png Views: 776 Size: 13.3 KB ID: 60063 Click image for larger version Name: Install3_1_4_004.png Views: 719 Size: 9.7 KB ID: 60064

Edited by orgin on 2018/10/7 8:25:37
mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Re: OFFICIAL AmigaOS 3.1.4 ready to buy NOW!
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@328gts

I will maybe buy it for my Amiga 500 with ACA500.But I will be on vacations probably next week

Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
This new update was thought for emulation, WinUAEm etc, because why there are six versions? When I can be common for all Amiga real systems only the rom disk and physicall ROM are differents...

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Templario

Cause includes the especifics ROM for esch system.

AmigaOne X5000 OS4.1 FEU1 And Lubuntu 10.04
1200 towered with Blizzard PPC - BVision and Mediator
And a new fantastic Chameleon64
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@RIBDEVIL
But not physicall, a good solution was sell the OS disk alone for 20-30 euros and every rom image for 10-15 euros, this way as the update was though for emulation you had spend money several times, for example in my case to emulate an Amiga 500 and an Amiga 4000, this way I have spent 60 euros.
I think that update is to get money from emulation more to update the classic true machines.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Money is not something that surpasses Hyperion, if it serves to continue with the evolution of AmigaOS, welcome it.

AmigaOne X5000 OS4.1 FEU1 And Lubuntu 10.04
1200 towered with Blizzard PPC - BVision and Mediator
And a new fantastic Chameleon64
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@RIBDEVIL
It isn'n an evolution of OS 3.x because there are much free patches and for this machines the multimedia is difficult, pmay videos or internet, we need more efforts in AmigaOS 4.1 and MorpOS.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Templario wrote
But not physicalla good solution was sell the OS disk alone for 20-30 euros and every rom image for 10-15 euros,

it's been noted that dealers will also be selling physical roms and disks. I'm sure Amiga dealers will be letting us know when they're available

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Templario

Quote:
But not physicall, a good solution was sell the OS disk alone for 20-30 euros and every rom image for 10-15 euros, this way as the update was though for emulation you had spend money several times, for example in my case to emulate an Amiga 500 and an Amiga 4000, this way I have spent 60 euros. I think that update is to get money from emulation more to update the classic true machines.

Not just emulation. Some people have more than one type of 68k Amiga. Some kind of discount or bundle deal would be a good idea for those that need it. The Guru Meditation mentioned this one his A1200 install video.

Go to top

Register To Post