Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
138 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 137

Rob, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: Tower57 AmigaOS4 version out!
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@K-L
@mufa
The game vsyncs in fullscreen-mode.
However the very first release version was broken on AOS4 in this regards. If you didn't online-update then go and redownload the archive, please.
Then make sure to set the triplebuffer tooltype = 0 on your fast machines. The tooltype's name is a bit misleading, it will essentially cause the game to sleep when waiting for vsync.
If you still got issues then, see below

@Thematic
Thank you

@K-L
From the readme
Quote:

Bug reports:
Although quite some nice guys tested it, there are certainly some bugs left, either inherited by the PC version or Amiga exclusively added by me :P
Report bugs to this email address:
tower57@goldencode.de
Note: I will *not* monitor forums for bug reports and thus *not* react if you don't mail to the address mentioned above (and only that address).

Please, I really want to have that stuff in the mailbox, nicely collected to be easily processable, not cluttered around everywhere. You may of course discuss your problems as you wish and where you wish, but don't expect me to handle those then.

Anyway, regarding ESC: if you're playing with joypad, keys won't be checked (for whatever reason that's how the game is designed, unfortunately). Maybe that's your problem. You have to enter the pause-menu with your joypad buttons. And cross fingers that your gamepad has enough buttons.
Emergency: a good old CTRL+C will quit to Workbench ;)

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Daytona675x

No problem, I'll e-mail you with my exact configuration (Sam440) and what is happening.

And thakns for the hint about how to exit.

BTW, I did update but it still doesn't VSyncs. I'll check again and continue to exchange with you by mail

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Daytona675x

I appreciate your reply. You are correct "fraud" may not be the right term however the wording is correct. I appreciate the efforts that you are doing and its unfortunate that others may not visit a forum such as this will not know that the "extra" for the developer is not you.

Regards
Doug

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@DStastny

I think most of the Amigans know exactly what site to visit in English or in their own language.

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@K-L

Quite, but the order in which these are done plays a part.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
What gamepad are you using?

I'm looking for the one which will use all the functionalities of the game on AmigaOS 4.1.

A1200PPC/Sam440ep/Sam460ex/X1000/X5020 OS4.1
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)