Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Sections
Who's Online
68 user(s) are online (54 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 67

xenic, more...
Support us!
Recent OS4 Files
OS4Depot.net

« 1 ... 18 19 20 (21)

Re: GL4ES: another OpenGL over OpenGLES2 emulation - some tech. info and porting progress
Just can't stay away
From New Zealand
@Daytona675x
Quote:
Maybe the opposite is better. Did you by accident call dcbz on the (VRAM) destination? This could probably result in such a dramatic slowdown.
Also: are you 100% sure that there aren't any debugging artefacts remaining?

No dcbz in the copy to VRAM routines. However, I just realized that the endianness handler is C++ code, and all C++ code is currently compiled with optimization disabled because the optimizer somehow trashes shared pointer reference counts.**

So it's probably generating crappy code right now.

Hans

** NOTE: This seems to only happen with shared libraries, and *not* with general application code.

Re: GL4ES: another OpenGL over OpenGLES2 emulation - some tech. info and porting progress
Just popping in
From Cologne
@Hans
Optimizations turned off is most likely the culprit for the performance penalty here, at least it could easily explain a penalty of that order of magnitude.

Weird with your smart pointers though. STL? For ogles2 I use my own templated ref-counting smart pointers without any issue s (I like to write my own stuff and avoid the STL whenever I can). Crap.

Report Go to top

Home away from home
From Russia
@Hans,Daniel

Found some interesting issue, dunno is it related to SDL2, or to ogles2, or to nova, but: when i compile quake3 via gl4es (so ogles2/warp3dnova) and SDL2, then, when i choice size of window equal or more than my size of workbench, i have rendered black screen in the window (in full screen all is fine).

With the same version of SDL2 and minigl i have no problems with that : window opens, rendering happens, just i can't see everything, but it renders.

For example if i set workbench to 1024x768, then i will have rendering in window and not black screen in all resolutions till 1024x768, but once more, or 1024x768, then nothing renders to window. All works, etc, i can exit from game, just nothing can be seen.

Or, if i set workbnech to 1920x1080 , but then choice resolution in the q3 1600x1200 : also render black window, but anything lower , renders fine.

As minigl there works ok, and so SDL2 is fine then, i can think only about:

1). i do something wrong when adding gl4es support to sdl2
2). something with ogles2/warp3nova (or the way how i create context maybe?)
3). gl4es probabaly ruled out, as its too related to the workbench and resolution which main screen has.

Any ideas ?:)

Just can't stay away
From New Zealand
@Daytona675x
Quote:
Optimizations turned off is most likely the culprit for the performance penalty here, at least it could easily explain a penalty of that order of magnitude.

I hope so. Haven't had a chance to test the theory, though.

Quote:
Weird with your smart pointers though. STL? For ogles2 I use my own templated ref-counting smart pointers without any issue s (I like to write my own stuff and avoid the STL whenever I can). Crap.

The STL ones weren't available on AmigaOS when I started, so it's the BOOST shared_ptr.

@kas1e
Quote:

Found some interesting issue, dunno is it related to SDL2, or to ogles2, or to nova, but: when i compile quake3 via gl4es (so ogles2/warp3dnova) and SDL2, then, when i choice size of window equal or more than my size of workbench, i have rendered black screen in the window (in full screen all is fine).

Which module is responsible for blitting the final rendered image to the window? That's most likely where the problem lies.

Since this involves a width > screen size, it's possible that something like unsigned arithmetic is mucking it up. For example:
uint32 width1 = 1024;
uint32 width2 = 1280;
uint32 offsetX = width1 - width2; // Oops! Going negative with a uint32 will give you a very large number

This can be even more subtle:
float offsetX = width1 - width2; // Still bad because the subtraction is done in uint32 before converting to float (i.e., end result is a really big and incorrect number)

Hans

Not too shy to talk
What was the place for MiniGl builds? Is there a new version of it available for older radeon cards?

Report Go to top

Home away from home
From Russia
@utri007
On http://capehill.kapsi.fi/ there is sdl1 and sdl2 versions of ioquake3 compiled for minigl

@Hans
The strange thing is:

SDL1 + gl4es : all fine (through, old quake3 code when they use SDL1 is used)
SDL2 + gl4es : that issue , but SDL2 + minigl no issue !

Also tested some other game , compiled via SDL2 + gl4es, in window mode, and set size of window more than actual desktop : all works as should.

« 1 ... 18 19 20 (21)

[Advanced Search]