Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
98 user(s) are online (53 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 98

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 »
Re: MickJT-MPlayer
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Tuxedo

You can ignore the home problem. it's just a message saying an unneeded envvar isn't set. From what MickJT told me on IRC a couple of nights ago mplayer looks for HOME and MPLAYER_HOME envars then falls back to PROGDIR:

If you want to stop the message:

makedir envarc:mplayer
copy conf/* envarc:mplayer/

and either
setenv save HOME ENV:mplayer
or
setenv save MPLAYER_HOME ENV:mplayer
or both if you want too.

In theory this could be a good thing as all versions of mplayer should use the same config.

Edit: pointless typo correction of no longer needed stuff
Note to self: IF vision <> 1 then gosub don'tpost

Edited by Severin on 2017/12/27 10:58:40
Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@samo79

I guess that's why it was disabled! Perhaps I'll leave the option available but have it off by default (I know you're saying it's like that already, but it's behaving differently for me).

@Tuxedo and @Severin

The latest binaries in post #1 won't complain about HOME anymore. I uploaded them yesterday so I think you were using an old one. HOME and MPLAYER_HOME aren't used at all.

As for the video being corrupt at the bottom, it could be because of me suppressing an error that would normally stop the video from playing. Does -vo comp_yuv, -vo comp or -vo sdl play the video OK? Let me know, and if it still doesn't look correct in -vo sdl, I'll download it from the link you provided.

Edit: I think this is a p96_pip issue. Will look into it.

It seems like I still need to have altivec functions disabled in ao_ahi_dev2 for some people. Out of curiosity, what soundcard are you using, and what frequency/channel settings in AHI?

Regarding the benchmarks, I don't understand why they'd be different from OS4Depot to now if you're using -nosound. When you were testing the latest beta, were you using the same config file? If "conf/config" is not present, you won't get the same results as the OS4Depot release. (Edit: Looks like this was the case)

@Plexus

A bug report really needs to be more detailed if you want any hope of a fix, and I need to know if it performs any worse than LiveForIt-MPlayer 6.5.7. All you've done is compared mine to Emotion, but not to any other version of mplayer.

By the way, if you edit the config, change the typo from "noref" to "nonref", uncomment that line, and comment the previous skiploopfilter line, you might then have better results? :) Maybe?

Edited by MickJT on 2017/12/27 3:02:26
Edited by MickJT on 2017/12/27 3:04:46
Edited by MickJT on 2017/12/28 3:16:40
Edited by MickJT on 2017/12/29 2:57:34
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MickJT

Quote:
I guess that's why it was disabled! Perhaps I'll leave the option available but have it off by default (I know you're saying it's like that already, but it's behaving differently for me).

Yep, however even if it was working it has to be disabled by default imho
For now the functionality seems working only in the afxgroup version, perhaps you may take a look of his code (if you have access to it)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@samo79

I have the source. I'll take a look, but there might be reasons why it's not working properly, and to "fix" it could cause other problems.

Do you have IRC, FB or Skype?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MickJT

Don't know mate, i hope not
Aniway for now maybe better concentrate to other issues .. for example it would be nice if you can silent all that shell outputs .. they are pretty annoying expecially when one need to do all that testings

Quote:
Do you have IRC, FB or Skype?

I'm on Facebook .. if you need send me a PM for detail

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Message sent.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Just tried it on my X5000 and its played everything I've tried, the only problem I've had with it is when I've used it with the MPlayerGui.

The on screen controls dont work anymore i.e. the seek forward and length of the video isnt showing.

Swapped back to the liveforit version and the control panel starts working again.

AmigaOne X5000
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@samo79

"be nice if you can silent all that shell outputs .. they are pretty annoying expecially when one need to do all that testings "

Try this:
mplayer >nil: *>nil: <video>

Look, only one leg, count em, one!
X1000/PA6T@1800MHz/2Gb/Radeon 4850

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@samo79

but if you put the beta in the os4depot version drawer there's no output and its also faster...
did you tryed?

Simone"Tuxedo"Monsignori, Perugia, ITALY.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Tuxedo

No problem anymore, outputs will be suppressed in the upcoming version .. still to solve something more but still progressing nicely

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I've uploaded a release candidate of 1.0.1 to sendspace and linked it in post #1.

I've had a report that the altivec version is crashing when opening the About window and moving the video window around the screen (especially with p96_pip). Can someone else test this please? Thanks in advance.

Edit: Specifically MP4 videos with AAC audio. Crash apparently happens with LiveForIt-MPlayer 6.5.7 also. Interesting.

Edit 2: It may just be one specific video with this issue, and not related to p96_pip at all.

Edited by MickJT on 2017/12/30 17:42:40
Edited by MickJT on 2017/12/30 19:56:35
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MickJT

Did you changed the default seeking behaviour ?
Cursor up/down doesn't step forward/backward the video as before ... it was 10 seconds afaik

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
It's a different input.conf, so that's probably why. Seems like up/down is +1/-1 and left/right is -10/+10.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Mmm found, it was just a comment ..
This is the default config file of your version:

Quote:
RIGHT seek +10
LEFT seek -10
#DOWN seek -60 orig
DOWN seek -1
UP seek +1
#UP seek +60 orig
PGUP seek 600
PGDWN seek -600

And this is the default one in MUI MPlayer:

Quote:
RIGHT seek +10
LEFT seek -10
DOWN seek -60
UP seek +60
PGUP seek 600
PGDWN seek -600

Maybe you just did some test but then forget to remove the comment for the release version

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Can't remember if it was you or someone else who gave me that input.conf. You'd prefer up/down to be 1 minute increments? I'm open to changing that in input.conf

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MickJT

Default one is ok for me

Quote:
RIGHT seek +10
LEFT seek -10
DOWN seek -60
UP seek +60
PGUP seek 600
PGDWN seek -600

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Has anyone succeeded to use this version on a SamFlex ?

Window open but freeze the computer.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@shadowsun

It works on my Sam440 Flex 800, but from time to time i had some sporadic freeze

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@shadowsun

My own computer is a Sam440ep-Flex 800mhz with a Radeon 9250. I'm curious if LiveForIt-MPlayer 6.5.7 is working for you.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@shadowsun

Which video output are you using ?

You should use -vo p96_pip

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top

Register To Post